is it any good? i found a 100 Sq Ft of FatMat eXtreme for $100

comes with
100 Sq Ft of FatMat eXtreme
Free FatMat Roller For Easy Installation
Free FatMat Handy Cutting Knife
Free FatMat Degreasing Agent-Helps prepare greasy surfaces
Quote 0 0
H JACK
I have installed it on a couple of guy's vehicles ,they got it off the net. It is a little thinner than Dynamat Extreme, but you put it on the same way. I put 3 layers in a one guy's trunk and it seemed very affective. The other guy did 1 layer on the entire interior of the vehicle, didn't get to hear that one.
Quote 0 0
Aaron93
I used it and it worked well! just make sure you can roll it on if not if will come off if it is exposed to High Temp in the summer.
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
and it STINKS

smells like asphault for a few weeks
Quote 0 0
xpl
I bought the 100' roll (2 of them) but I only paid 80 for it (each). And it came with a roller.

Of course - havent had the chance yet to apply it - but I will
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Same here, bought 100 sq feet from their Ebay store but it's too damned cold here to put it on.
Quote 0 0
shizzzon
get Second Skin.

I used to use Fatmat but like someone said above, it WILL come off in high temperature if you do not perfectly apply it, and i mean perfect, God-like.

Fatmat extreme is thicker, harder to apply over hills and curves.

Secondskin's Damplifier is awesome. More flexible, a LOT more adhesive and is a stronger deadener.

Fatmat is a mass loader which works by adding weight alone. Damplifier.. well, go to their site and read about it. http://www.secondskinaudio.com

I ran 3 layers of it in my car. I am still workin on it though so there isn't an reviews from me yet.

I got 2 layers of Damplifier and 1 layer of Fatmat extreme over that(just because i still had 70sqft left over from last install. I only use fatmat on the floor.. kinda hard to fall down from there).
Quote 0 0
EastCoast
B-quiet extreme I was always very happy with.
Quote 0 0
bluefocuszx4
i heard the second skin damplifier pro was the stuff to get
Quote 0 0
BamBamVan
I have used sound destroyer mat and power mat both are same company. And applys and works great the foil backer streatches how ever far i needed it. Doesnt turn britle like some products i have used. Like with any aplication have to apply to a clean surface mineral spirits then i used the degreaser botle they sent with for prep, and the utility knife and roller was provided with order and havent had anythign fall off.
Quote 0 0
jlcaudio
Quote:
Originally posted by Wanna-B-Basshead:
is it any good? i found a 100 Sq Ft of FatMat eXtreme for $100

comes with
100 Sq Ft of FatMat eXtreme
Free FatMat Roller For Easy Installation
Free FatMat Handy Cutting Knife
Free FatMat Degreasing Agent-Helps prepare greasy surfaces
Use Power-Mat you can go here at http://www.power-mat.com or http://www.sounddestroyermat.com
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Looks pretty much the same as the FatMat, just more $$$. I've had my FatMat installed for two summers so far and nothing has even started to peel or fall off like some have claimed would happen.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
fat mat sucks ass. Tested it. Might as well use duct tape.

this is the order I'd use deadener:

1. Second Skin Damplifier Pro
2. Scoshe accumat
3. Dynamat extreme

This does not include the stuff from overseas. I haven't test it.

the rest of what i tested was leagues beyond those 3, and the above is the order I'd use them in.
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Thats just one more opinion, I've also heard second skin was great. I've used Stinger Roadkill and now the FatMat, and the FatMat has had NO problems. Maybe you just didn't put it on right and thats why you think it sucks.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i used to install Fatmat and Rattletrap in a bunch of my customer's vehicles. Even thought about becoming a dealer.
That is until I tried some of the better stuff.
In my vehicles I currently have Stinger's Expert roadkill, it's great stuff.
Another car I have Hushmat(distributed through Boston Acoustics) and that stuff works AWESOME.

I loved those. Then I helped Eric Alexander put DamplifierPro in his van. I know where my money is going next time. It's absolutely the best stuff in the USA.

no more fatmat for me. It's cheap, but doesn't do the same thing as the better materials. You really do get what you pay for.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy