biga2005
ok so I have a 2000 dodge grand caravan. 4 AQ 18's. 4 PA A3000db, kenwood kvt-514 radio, audiocontrol matrix and soundstream bx-12 bass prosesser.

my issue is when I am hitting a switch for my air ride setup you hear a popping/ clicking sound coming out of my interior speakers and when the air compressor is refilling the tank and as it is about to shut off the subs make a noise once the compressor stops running.

I have bypassed all extra electronics (ie matrix and soundstream) all this does is make it quieter then what it was before but it doesnt elimante the noise I am hearing.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
ground your deck and all processors directly to the battery. get constant directly from the battery as well.

where is your compressor grounded in comparison to the amplifier grounds?
Quote 0 0
biga2005
I have 4 d3100 batts 1 under the hood and three in the rear. The 3 in the rear are connected together with 2 copper bus bar 1 for postive and 1 for neg.

The air compressor is grounded to the neg copper buss bar. the amps are grounded to the chassis and all the audio equpiment has been ground loop. so there is a ground that goes from radio to eq to soundstream to matrix to all my amps as well.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
switch ur grounds, amps to rear batterys and compr to body.
Quote 0 0
biga2005
Hw would that make a difference?
Quote 0 0
tekk45
How close are your RCA's to the power/ground cables? If they are run close to the cables try running them down the otherside of the car and use shielded RCA's. The shielded RCA's will have a foil wrapped around the wire under the insulation. To narrow it down try disconnecting the RCA's from the head unit and hit the switch, if there is still noise disconnect the other end. If the noise goes away try rerouting shielded RCA's.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
why aren't the amps grounded to the batteries? it seems silly not to
Quote 0 0
biga2005
Well I got the rca's on one side and the power on the other side of the cars.

What's the price tag on those shielded rca's

I thoght if a amp was to have it's own primary ground it would be better. But I will try it.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
grounding to the batteries is the best way. then have the batteries grounded really well to charge properly
Quote 0 0
biga2005
so should I ground the batts to the chassis and and to the neg bus bare as well. ground the air compressor to the chassis and ground the amps to the neg bus bare?

Now another question would be does it matter that the compressor and amps are on the same positive bus bare?
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
D-bass got good point on head and eq groud...and I would fix the grounds on amp to buss bar..but if you have good power and ground from main batt to rear bank it should be ok...I always run 1/0 +and- from alt to batt under hood the 1/0 + and- to bank and sometimes many of them....
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy