johncash
1x sub, all 15" Impedance will be 1x1ohm, so 0.5ohm

I have enought power, around 6-10kw,DD Z2a lv amp.

Would be there any difference in power handling, would be Z2a lv to strong for any of those 3 subs.

Thx
Quote 0 0
Gavin
what are the subs rated at? rms/max and what are you going to use them for? comps~daily?
Quote 0 0
emperor
I would say comp. and daily for sure the DDz95.
This one is really the bomb
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
the FI N3 or SP would be a better comparrison, and the N2's dont even ship for another month anyways
Quote 0 0
Nemanja
95H???? hello???
Quote 0 0
Mr Singh
1x SMD15"
Quote 0 0
2low4you
Hey I will use this topic, because I have same question than johncash. Johncash, I hope, that you don't be angry.

I'm undecided which sub I will buy. Now I'm decided between DD 9515g (with composite cone and composite dustcap and with stiff spiders, dual 1.5, wired to 0.7 ohms) and between AA SMD 15" (dual 2 wired to 1 ohm).
Which one do you recomend me? The amp will be DD Z2-lv.
I read on forums, that for composite cone I must go wit 6-7cf box, that I have low end. I think, that 95's composite is louder in SPL than SMD, but it can't play that low (if it is mounted in around 4-5cf box).
I want compromise betwen high SPL score and between good sound (low end).
Please post your discussion about 95g composite, for daily and for competition, and if anyone know if SMD sub is good sub. Please post you objective opinion, NOT subjective, and which one do you recomend.

Thanks!
Quote 0 0
manethon
THe SMd will take the power allot longer than the others, mechanically and thermally. A test was done w the mayhem vs SMD and Vs the dd and Both the Mayhem and DD reached mechanical limits but the smd barely stressed.

This test was done in a rather large box, 9 cubes with 100 sq port tuned 36 hz... with ground pounder 3kw per coil.

If you want a loud, low, sound good, with the ability to do demo after demo and not worry to much---> smd

Peak spl the other 2 will be louder untill you reach their thermal and mechanical limit.AS you increase the power, the difference between the SMD and the others will reduce and SMD will lead.
Quote 0 0
johncash
I buyed DD 95Z, it is a monster
Quote 0 0
ahoz28
What about the price of each sub?
Quote 0 0
2low4you
Thanks manethon. That is the answer which I want to hear.
I will test the DD 95's and hear BTL from my friend, and if BTL will have better sound I will buy SMD, because I think that SMD is stronger BTL.

@Jonhcash, yes is monster, but is too expensive for me.

@ahoz28 The price for 95's composite is compared to SMD.
Quote 0 0
ahoz28
I have used the 95s and they seem heavy to me. The smd weighs more than a backstreet boy.
Quote 0 0
manethon
you also have to consider cost of recone, never know lol! or if you change amps and need diff coils.... DD is $$$$$$
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy