MREZSTREET
It got colder here than it has in over 20 years. Like a month a go it dropd to 9 deg f for a week of so. I went to do some fg....mixed like I always go and its still not even gelled...and that's over night.its in the low 40's now... Can reasn or cat go bad if it frezes?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I've had resin start crystalizing if I left a group of 5gal. buckets in the florida sun for the summer. I'd buy 4-5 buckets on it, then by the time i got to the bottom half of the last bucket, there'd usually be a few little chunks in it. but still usable with a strainer.

Are you mixing cold resin? If you're mixing while the resin itself is under 60-degrees, that will seriously slow the curing process. more so than air temperature. I've put metal cans of resin on an electric hotplate on very low heat off and on for short periods of time to warm it up.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
Its like 50 in the shop right now....I have glassed so many times just like today...this is the first glass job after the freez...I did a hot ReaL hot mix and 40 mins later its not even jelled....with my good cat too.....thing should b melting now lol.....I have had resn cyristlz too....just old but never do this...I have 3 gals left out of the 5 I got for last job
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
Resin can go bad in any weather after a certain period of time. It has a shelf life---which is why buying it at home depot sucks. No telling how long it has been there.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
I buy from a FG guy who makes tanks n stuff. Has choper n all kinda stuff. Its not old. Think it might b cat. Will try tonight. Its still like its got not cat in it
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy