Mabeita Show full post »
Loudcav
what about a hard pourable foam Greg?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
even the 4 and 8 pound foams aren't enough. you want something very dense to distribute and increase the internal velocity of the vibrational energy.
Quote 0 0
ESP Challenge
Yeah what he said...
Quote 0 0
Mabeita
Vibrational Energy?? That doesn't even sound like a real term.....

Oh well, I guess anything is possible.

Quote 0 0
SPL Jester
at the home depot... there is play sand and all purpose sand... but if you check in the garden department, there is another sand, Pavestone brand, it is a bit finer than what is available in building materials department. but you would want to dry it out... because usually it's kept outside, and with temp changes and weather... there's a bit of moisture in it. costs a lil more than what's available in building materials area... but may be something to look at
Quote 0 0
ESP Challenge
Thanks Gabriel
Quote 0 0
TheDon
I am using thick %100 polyester fabric to wrap a subwoofer box what kind of resin do you recommend and do you know of any stores or websites i could get this in bulk?

thanks
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
Greg use the play sand they never at lest around here take it outside so its never wet and it pours alot better then the Multi-Purpose Sand does and as for mixing just fill 5 gallon bucket with the amount of resin u using then get a paint mixer on a drill and keep adding sand till u get the thickness u wish it really depends on how pourable u want it to be then once there add the harder to it mix and pour
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDon:
I am using thick %100 polyester fabric to wrap a subwoofer box what kind of resin do you recommend and do you know of any stores or websites i could get this in bulk?

thanks
check with US Composites. contact them and they will tell you what the recommend for your application. Epoxy resins cost a little more than your average resins, but they are much better.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
http://www.lbifiberglass.com/POLYRESINS/polyresin.html

is where i get mine from
Quote 0 0
Scooter_King
hi there i have recently made a box by glassing over a mold, i was told to cover my mold with waxed lunch paper so that the fiberglass wouldn't stick to it, how ever after i was done and removed it from the mold i found that it had indeed stuck to the waxed paper, so now i wave a layer of paper stuck to the inside of my fiberglass box.
does anyone have any ideas on an easy way to remove the paper? and is there anything that i should be careful about using on it that may damage the fiber glass? E.G. dish washing detergent, soaking in water, using a solvent?
any ideas would be appreciated. thanks everyone.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
you could sand/grind it off. Do not soak it in water.
Quote 0 0
Scooter_King
ok. why not soak it in water? what will water do to it? i thought the whole point of fiberglass is that it is water proof?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
most resins are not waterproof. some of the true epoxy style resins are truly waterproof. if you just got "cheap" stuff from home depot or advanced autoparts....it's not really waterproof.
Quote 0 0
Scooter_King
im not sure what the resin that i got is, i buy it through a company that makes kit set fiberglass observatory's. is there any other way that i may be able to get the paper off the under side of my box?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy