Fierywinter00
Hey people, I've been doing a lot of glassing lately, and I'm wanting a good respirator. In the past I've just bought the little respirator like this:

But since I've been buying so many of them, I'm just gonna buy one like this:

When I do get one like that, does it need to have cartridges specific to fiberglassing, or can it be just general air purifying? Let me know, thanks.
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
if you're worried about fumes, a dust mask isn't going to help. put some vicks inside it or something

if you're concern is sanding...simple dust mask will be fine.
Quote 0 0
Fierywinter00
I just don't wanna get too high when I'm laying inside a 5 cube box fiberglassing. There's never too much fresh air in there.
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
sh1t mang, that's half the fun
Quote 0 0
Fierywinter00
lol True that. I wonder if this filter would work:

Quote:
". . . spray painting with enamels and polyurethanes; and for applying and mixing two-part epoxies."
Quote 0 0
AZ_SS
Pick one up that is approved for automotive paints. IIRC Fiberglass fumes aren't as bad as the stuff that is in the hardeners for high build primers and paints.

If it can filter that stuff out, there shouldn't be a problem with fiber dust.
Quote 0 0
goodtunes1978
well what i used too do is use a mask like th second one you described but instead of filters i got one that had a hose attachment on it and a seperate lil fan blower that was 20 feet away picking up fresh air and that worked best for me

great stuff
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy