LoudFire
Been trying to find some cheap fiberglass in ohio, no luck. Called all the marinas in my southern ohio hometown and found out that most marinas don't have glass because of most of the boats being aluminum now. Now im living in northern ohio and still am having trouble locating some glass locally.

I want 5 gallons and hardner at a good price, willing to drive since shipping resin isnt very cheap.
Quote 0 0
kimboslice2
Walmart or autozone almost the same price you may have to goto more than one store for five
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
http://www.fiberglast.com

HomeDepot,Walmart,AdvancedAuto all carry resins, and they will work fine. But there are much better quality resins out there. They can be more waterproof(important for marine especially). They become less brittle over time. The most helpful things i've found is that they wet the glass better. You'll get better penetration of the fibers, which means more strength and less resin required. And when you THINK you need something thicker for working on vertical surfaces, there are powders and fillers you can mix in to change the viscosity.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
you can even get resins that smell more like bubblegum than harsh chemicals.

There are about a hundred different types of resin, so it's probably best to look at the website and call the company simultaneously. Describe what you're trying to do and they can help you get the right thing.
Quote 0 0
stang em
My past 4 boxes have been glassed. I get the glass from home depot and walmart and autozone. Alot of times shops only have like 1 or 2 gals in stock. And those three stores are close to my house and they all carry glass and they are around the same price.
Quote 0 0
JLS
I get my composite materials from US Composites. They carry a fairly large variety of resins and cloth for just about everything. If you have a commercial loading dock near you, they will ship it there and save you a ton on shipping, and you avoid residential hazmat charges.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
US Composites is another GREAT source
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy