Ronster
I had the casings on my sensors replaced when I bought my system because they were cracked. They were returned with no stickers with the k-factor on them. It wasn't a problem until I moved term-lab to a new laptop not thinking about copying all info down to enter in the new computer. Is there a way to discover the k-factor?Is it the kind of thing that Wayne might have on record?
Quote 0 0
Mike Fallon
Do you have the old computer?

ZYou might have to send them in and get them rechecked
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
What is the serial number on the sensors? What is the serial number on the interface box? I can probably look up this information with the SN.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Ronster
I do not see any serial numbers on either the sensors, or the box. Where would I find them?
The only thing I can find right now is in an email about my regristration code that says it is for build 00000000221. Unfortunately, I also cannot find any of my original paperwork from when I bought the system.
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
I would just set the K-Factor values to 177.8. Then, compare your meter to that at your next competition. If your meter is reading too high (for example 0.1 dB too high), then SUBTRACT the difference from your K-factor. (Change your K-factor to 177.7). Do the opposite if your meter is too low.

The reality is that your meter should be within a few tenths of a dB regardless.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Ronster
Now all I have to do is find someone in my area with termlab as well so I can compare the two readings. Is there anyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge-Guelph area in Canada?
Quote 0 0
testtones
did you find a meter to compare to?
Quote 0 0
Ronster
Not yet. I was hoping Wayne could let me know if anyone in my area owns term lab.
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
You'd have to find someone on your own for that, Waynes a bit too busy to look up that kind of info. Post something on here in the general area or another forum and see if you can find someone.
Quote 0 0
testtones
have 1 in st thomas.... its not too bad of a drive for you.
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
There are lots of systems in your area but I can't disclose this information. I would suggest that you attend an event.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy