Jerhemy1331
Hey guys,

I am finally ready to start ordering stuff for my new daily driver system. I am pretty sure that I have covered the basics of what I need, but if you see room for improvement please let me know! Here's what it will be:

HO Alt
Big 3 Done w/ 0 Gauge Monster wire
Optima Yellow Top under the hood
KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge power and ground
XS Power D3100 in back
SoundStream RUB 1.2500D (or other 2500watt rms amp that is stable to 1 or 2 OHM)
2 Alpine Type R 15's (Dual 2 or 4 Ohm VC's depending on amp)
Self made ported enclosure, 3/4" mdf, 3 ft^3 per sub.
Subs up, port back

Going in an '04 Grand Cherokee

Thanks in advance for any and all information you guys can provide.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerhemy1331:
Hey guys,

I am finally ready to start ordering stuff for my new daily driver system. I am pretty sure that I have covered the basics of what I need, but if you see room for improvement please let me know! Here's what it will be:

HO Alt
Big 3 Done w/ 0 Gauge Monster wire
Optima Yellow Top under the hood
KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge power and ground
XS Power D3100 in back
SoundStream RUB 1.2500D (or other 2500watt rms amp that is stable to 1 or 2 OHM)
2 Alpine Type R 15's (Dual 2 or 4 Ohm VC's depending on amp)
Self made ported enclosure, 3/4" mdf, 3 ft^3 per sub.
Subs up, port back

Going in an '04 Grand Cherokee

Thanks in advance for any and all information you guys can provide.
do you have thise equipment now? if not whats your budget on subs, and amp, the alpines and ss arent bad, but room for improvement for sure if the money is there
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
I don't have anything but the Monster Wire, So any suggestions withing the range of 500$ for the subs and 500$ for the amp. I'm not 100% set on 15's over 12's. I have had several sets of type r 12's and was very happy with them so thats where I started planning this system.

Thanks for the response!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
if you don't already have the yellow top, i'd skip it for something better.
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
such as.. another XS D3100? I know that having two different brands of batterys connected like an optima and an XS, that rest at different voltages can cause them to try and 'level' out, causeing them to lose voltage slowly. Just wasn't sure if you could use an XS batt as the main starting battery.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
im a fi guy so i'd reccomend the ssd's or for a tad more the bl or q's. i know dc audios level 2 or 3 are good dont know of their pricing though, sundown are nice again not to sure of the pricing, there is a pair of sa 15's on ca.com bnib for 400 shipped
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
Thanks for the suggestions, I had looked in to sundown audio before but it was getting slightly out of my range, but those two 15 sa bnib for 400 is a good deal. I tried to make an account and PM the seller but it said I didn't have permission, haha guess i'll try again later. thanks for the heads up!
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
nvm, my own stupidity was holding me back haha.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy