ben jamin
I received my invite to world finals for db drag and I want to up my game some.
I have 2 vfl500.1s a bank of 8 batteries 2 DC level 5 subs that are dual 2s
So I will be starting at .25 rolling it up. I have never done strapped before but my testing has shown that I am producing 2500 watts per amp (not peak) unstrapped with 1.20 ohm of box rise. I want to step things up for finals but not wanting to destroy my equipment so that I can
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
ben jamin wrote:
I received my invite to world finals for db drag and I want to up my game some.
I have 2 vfl500.1s a bank of 8 batteries 2 DC level 5 subs that are dual 2s
So I will be starting at .25 rolling it up. I have never done strapped before but my testing has shown that I am producing 2500 watts per amp (not peak) unstrapped with 1.20 ohm of box rise. I want to step things up for finals but not wanting to destroy my equipment so that I can

What, specifically, are you concerned with? The cheapest of amplifiers today has overload protection and thermal controls. Start with low gain and low volume, crank on it a bit, look for bad bahaviour and excess heat, and establish whether or not your system can handle the strapping.. Then good luck at finals!

ShadowStar
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
First of all,your invitation is not for the WF since there won't be any WF this year only National Finals...

Apart from that you should set the master amplifier gain with an oscillometer in order to recieve a clean output voltage, otherwise you will not have maximum efficiency...

0,25 Ohms nominal resistance is no big thing for these amps as long as your impedance rise is significantly high...And forget burping with the pause button and use the roller knob.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy