mhart
I've looked at these rules for a couple years now. I have a Chevy Silverado extended cab, the back seat folds up to the back. I'd like to run in a ProStock class. Fold the seat back and put a box in front of it. The rules and jump seat definition make me think I can. Is it legal?
Screenshot_2019-01-30-22-32-49-1.png
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
This is why I brought up that question. I wasn’t the only person to think this, there are other competitors that have asked. I have two 15s in the rear of my Silverado. Was told by other judges that the lowest I could do was SSNW or Wall 5k. 
Quote 0 0
Team Sound Freqs
It is not legal. Your seats still have to function as normal. 
Quote 0 0
mhart
Screenshot_2019-01-31-10-34-17-1.png 
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
I believe this rules is related to 2-door pickups that do not incorporate full-size "normal" rear seats. Please check back later and I will have a definitive answer. You may have discovered a rule that needs to "clarified" to prevent confusion.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
I believe this rules is related to 2-door pickups that do not incorporate full-size "normal" rear seats. Please check back later and I will have a definitive answer. You may have discovered a rule that needs to "clarified" to prevent confusion.

This was my interpretation as well, that's why I asked Jereme Creamer for clarification.  His thought was that "jump seats" are those seats that are typical in a S10.  When those seats fold up they fold up into a little pocket that is molded into the plastic.  Seats in a Full size Silverado or the like just fold up against the rear.  The jump seats in S10s fold up and get out of the way, the seats in a silverado just kinda compact they don't get out of the way.

With that said I think there needs to be more thought in classification for Full Size Trucks, with or without rear seats.  When the S10 jump seats fold up they fold up into the stock panels which make it almost like there not even installed.  That same cant be done for full size trucks.
Quote 0 0
mhart
Just sucks full size trucks can't compete in the more affordable classes.
Quote 1 0
Wayne Harris
We are currently discussing this.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 1 0
Raymond Choy
rule 3-9 in regards to jump seats. the vehicle description is extended cab or king cab. I believe extended cab refers to older 2 door or 3 door model trucks and king cab refers to 4 door trucks. so if they still have the seats in the vehicle but folded up and non functioning that should be perfectly fine. If we find it is an issue we can change the rule and add CREW CAB to the description
Quote 1 0
mhart
Wow, thank you! 
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
mhart wrote:
Just sucks full size trucks can't compete in the more affordable classes.

Agreed. They can compete. But no way will they be competitive when limited to building underneath rear seats. 
Quote 0 0
mhart

Agreed. They can compete. But no way will they be competitive when limited to building underneath rear seats. 

I'm pretty sure they just said we're okay to play.
Quote 0 0
Raymond Choy

Hey Brandon you can build anything you want from the B-Pillar to the rear seats of the extended cab and king cab trucks.  As the normal use of the rear jump seats that fold do not need to meet normal use.  They just have to be in there.  If they remove them then you are modifying the vehicle to accommodate the sound system then they would fall into either Pro Stock Wall 5K or Super Street NW.
Quote 1 0
Brandon Rosser
mhart wrote:

I'm pretty sure they just said we're okay to play.

My only ish is that we could remove the rear seat in full size trucks, my problem, is in my truck when the seat is folded back its still there.  In a s10 when they fold up they are inside the panels. So full size trucks aer still at a disadvantage.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy