1979SPLpacer
I have a 01 Chevy Silverado that I want to setup for SQ. I have a question about speaker placement? Its a 5 Speed so kicks are kinda outta the question. Should I do all the speakers in the doors or midbass in doors and 4"& tweet in A-Pillars? Also will be using DD6.5LT's for midbass. DD1008a's for subs. Any suggestions would be great. Also how much power would you recommend for the 6.5's.
Quote 0 0
grey01silverado
thanks for posting this pacer but changed mind on subs now it will be 1 dd 2510a
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
Power wise---as much power as you can afford. You can never have to much power.

Speaker placement---if you put the 4" in the apillar--make sure you can get the airspace you need for it. Just like a subwoofer, if you put a midrange in to small of enclosure you will have negative effects.

If kicks are out, you have greatly limited yourself. I would start out with a two way system. 6 1/2 in door and a tweeter near the mid first and then in the apillar. If you are not happy with that, I would then start playing with a 3 way. But you better have some serious processing availabe if you do a 4" in the apillar. You will need to time align and amplitude align that to even start to get a decent stage.
Quote 0 0
grey01silverado
pardon me for being a noob but amplitude align could you elaborate on that a little bit
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy