21LBSOFBOOST
well the 500.1 still hasnt blown my 250 amp fuse. should i leave it or take it out?
what are the consequences of not running a fuse? other than the fire/death risk of course
Quote 0 0
21LBSOFBOOST
of course still running maybe 40 percent still breaking in the subs
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
If it is a competition only vehicle, then I wouldn't use a fuse.

If it is a vehicle you actually drive and like, I'd have a fuse in there.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
x2 on AJ's reply. daily..fuse it! comps... straight line it!
Quote 0 0
21LBSOFBOOST
how can i fuse an amp with a 400 amp draw at full pull?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
there are fuseholder that hold two ANL fuses. and you can get ANL fuses up to 600A
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
remember you are not fusing the amp---you are fusing the wire. Make sure that your wire will handle 400 amps of current.

Size and length are what you are looking at.
Quote 0 0
21LBSOFBOOST
16FT 2-0 MARINE GRADE. SUCKS TRYING TO MAKE IT FIT ANYWHERE
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

Scan down to the power wire calculator. If your amp is really pulling 400 amps, you likely need bigger wire for what you are doing at that length.

Looking at that, your wire is acting like a fuse right now. That's kind of scary.

If you are listening to music on this system, I doubt you are pulling 400 amps. I would put a 300 amp fuse inline and see if you blow it. I doubt you will.

If you are competing-you need to upgrade your wire.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
Comp rigs never...a daily ride always....but cooler guys have said that already
Quote 0 0
Bobinwi
you gotta remember too a fuse will let more current thru then its rated for for short bursts
Quote 0 0
Been Jamin
And also, if its a comp ride and your not going to fuse it,.. diconnect the amps when not in use.. Ive had an amp short out while it was not even on and darn near burn my truck down
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
^Earthquake shredder?
Quote 0 0
Been Jamin
Phd2.. howd you guess?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy