farmerbass
Been about 10 years since I was bumping the bass in the old farmer pickup. Job, wife, kids etc. led to the abandonment of the rather expensive hobby.

But... now I'm on the other side of things and have some money to start working on a hobby vehicle again !!!!

Here is the plan. I've got an extended cab Chevy 1/2 pickup for the vehicle. I've got a Stroker 18" sub and 2 Crossfire 602a (from my brother, who gave up the hobby just a couple years ago). This will fill out the bottom end for now. Will eventually upgrade this as well, but it will really pound out the bass more than enough for this project.

Where I need help is all the rest of the system. Not going for SQ or SPL. Just want it to get LOUD and handle abuse. You know, the kind of thing where if we have a pasture party I can fire it up and play some Metallica for the entire 40 acres.

Don't have a set budget, and willing to pay for quality, just don't want to get insane. I was thinking around $5k for equipment. Will be doing most of the install ourselves, save maybe for the door work.

What do people think? What head unit, what processors, what speakers (and how many???), what amps? Looking for ideas to starting rolling with.

Thanks in advance! Let's have some fun with this.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
Know you posted this from a while back. Started on your truck yet?
Quote 0 0
daking
Same here, Its been ~20 years. I'm ready to start thumping again

Crazy thing is my 17yr thinks I'm nuts, and wonders why I'm building an audio system.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by daking:
Same here, Its been ~20 years. I'm ready to start thumping again

Crazy thing is my 17yr thinks I'm nuts, and wonders why I'm building an audio system.
Could be a good way to bond with your kid. Not saying you don't have good communication with your kid but just sayin when I was 17 I would have hung with my dad all the time if he was into audio
Quote 0 0
ssluke
welcome back ! , if you need any audio , shoot me a msg ill do what i can to get you going again !
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy