2000LaDe
so i decided to put one of my pitbull puppys down tonight because we took her to the emergency clinic and was tested positive for parvo. it was a hard choice to make because it was my wifes puppy and she was at work and no way to get ahold of her but we just dont have the money right now to try to get the puppy through it at like 200 dollars a day around here. so i had to be the bad guy in her eye. i feel really bad

i had a feeling she had parvo because of the vomiting and diareha and not eating or drinking for the past 3 days. she was looking really bad and not doing anything besides laying down. it sucks because now our other puppy has noticed that shes gone so is acting wierd now. hope he doesnt end up getting it as well but it seems like he would have got it by now if he was going too.

:crying:
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
hes all lonely now

Quote 0 0
Powered By Hate
parvo is usually from drinking tap water.. give the dogs bottled water. For real.. there was a spell of that in my county about 8 months ago.. lots of dogs died.. my buddy ed's dog died and man i felt so bad for him =[ She could open the door to the truck from the inside.. =[
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
Quote:
Originally posted by Powered By Hate:
parvo is usually from drinking tap water.. give the dogs bottled water. For real.. there was a spell of that in my county about 8 months ago.. lots of dogs died.. my buddy ed's dog died and man i felt so bad for him =[ She could open the door to the truck from the inside.. =[
ya but wouldnt that come from well water and not city water
Quote 0 0
scoupen
Parvo does not come from tap water...

Parvo IS a virus. It stays around and does not just "go away". If your other dog is not vaccinated, get it done immediately or it will get it as well. One of our dogs had to go through that treatment about eight years ago....does get expensive, but how can you put a price on a life?
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
Quote:
Originally posted by scoupen:
Parvo does not come from tap water...

Parvo IS a virus. It stays around and does not just "go away". If your other dog is not vaccinated, get it done immediately or it will get it as well. One of our dogs had to go through that treatment about eight years ago....does get expensive, but how can you put a price on a life?
I dont think the Vet caught it quick enough it took like 3 days before they found out it was parvo
Quote 0 0
scoupen
Oh, I wasn't trying to say he made a bad choice at all....sorry if that's how it came out, it does move very quickly, so I understand.....just trying to warn him about his other dog(s).
Quote 0 0
goodtunes1978
sorry to hear man
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
Quote:
Originally posted by scoupen:
Oh, I wasn't trying to say he made a bad choice at all....sorry if that's how it came out, it does move very quickly, so I understand.....just trying to warn him about his other dog(s).
ya the other dog is fine hes been cleaning up with bleach I think he was going to get the poo out of the yard today unfortunatly its almost impossable to kill parvo
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Sorry to hear that Hank, I am very close to my dogs as well.

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy