1LOUDSUV Show full post »
Broken Silence - Johnny
I'm not saying I cant save money, I've got a nice little stash I've put away. It just doesnt bother me that the govt gets a little of it to use for a while. I usually use my tax return to buy something nice for myself anyways, so its a nice after xmas present...
Quote 0 0
n8ball2013
^^^^ happened to me and it does suck. this year i should get a very decent return.
Quote 0 0
Quote:
Originally posted by n8ball2013:
^^^^ happened to me and it does suck. this year i should get a very decent return.
yeah, it happend twice to me when I was married, because my ex was claiming 1 dependent, and not enough money was being taken out.

I'm HOPING this year I get a decent one, I'm single, and got to keep the house, so maybe that will help thicken my check.
Quote 0 0
SPLFEVER
kids make it a difference i used to get about 1200 back bymyself claiming 0 i would rather get a big check at the first of the year. the last couple years i have got aobut 5000 claiming head of household and my daughter. i would hate to be paying at the end of the year. I thought about claiming 1 but that check is nice. i bought my truck with last years return
Quote 0 0
Hakeeb
Quote:
Originally posted by fixxxer:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1LOUDSUV:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xpl:
deductions. The money is in deductions. Quick - make up 20 kids (with SSN's) and you too can get money back.
20 kids LOL

my girl uses me and my son. first year she did them got something like 2 grand back made more money then got 4200 back and now shes makin more money so im hoping 5,500. or around their. my dad just with one dependent gets around 7 grand. but he makes twice the money my girl makes but tehy take a good 350 off his check every week in taxes or whatever its called
Uhhh, why dont they just change their withholding amount?? Or maybe they enjoy loaning thousands of dollars to the government at 0% interest?
Yes we enjoy loaning money to government at 0% interest. Have you ever heard of tax credits(like kids). every year you post the same thing about interest free loan to the government. Almost everyone who gets a big refund at the end of the year it is because of there kids.(this means you cannot change your tax witholding on your check). The government is not going to add money to your check every week,
Quote 0 0
Mr. C
I'm hoping for a decent refund too. I'm going to need some relief after the holiday season passes.

*** crosses fingers for large refund to get out of debt! ***
Quote 0 0
fixxxer
Quote:
Originally posted by Hakeeb:
Have you ever heard of tax credits(like kids).... (this means you cannot change your tax witholding on your check).
Yes, I have. I get plenty of tax credits. You can set your withholding to whatever you want (at least in Michigan you can - but I dont think it varies from state to state.) In fact, the IRS has a withholding calculator on their website that asks some basic information and tells you what to set your withholding at. http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96196,00.html

But I guess i'll quit trying to help you people if you're so happy to piss away your own money...
Quote 0 0
Bostonian Fats
Quote:
Originally posted by fixxxer:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hakeeb:
Have you ever heard of tax credits(like kids).... (this means you cannot change your tax witholding on your check).
Yes, I have. I get plenty of tax credits. You can set your withholding to whatever you want (at least in Michigan you can - but I dont think it varies from state to state.) In fact, the IRS has a withholding calculator on their website that asks some basic information and tells you what to set your withholding at. http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96196,00.html

But I guess i'll quit trying to help you people if you're so happy to piss away your own money...
you're fighting for a lost cause. if you look back on any threads in regards to taxation I've said the same thing over and over.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy