MrCrowley
I just posted this in the amplifier section because i wasn't for sure what the issue was.

I was jamming out the other day but nothing too loud and then my speakers just make this very loud tone. It almost had like a square wave sound to it. I turned my car off and turned it on again then it sounded like DC was going to my speakers. They would pop out all the way and go back in all the way. I unplugged the RCA's at the amp end and the sound went away. I plugged them back up and they started making the tone noise again. I just got a new head unit and I don't think that it's the problem. I even moved my relay farther away from my amps because I thought that maybe it was inducing a noise. The weird thing is that this doesn't happen to my subs, just my front speakers which makes me think that maybe my full range amp is bad but the status light doesn't come on. Any ideas? I'm all out!
Quote 0 0
screechie
Remove the speaker wires and rca and use dmm to check speaker terminals for dc, if voltage is present then amp is bad if there is no volts then amp ok, place test rca into amp to make sure the pre stage is ok by testing again for voltage, if ok put other end of rca to output of hu, test for dc again if non connect speaker wires and let us know the results.
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
Cool. I connected my blackberry to my amp with a 3.5 mm to RCA adapter and turned on the radio and it played fine which makes me think the HU is bad. How do I check the preamp outputs of my HU?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy