lil john
ok if you have 0 gauge wire from your alt.. to your back batterys.. and u have it fused if front buy the alt and in back buy the batts is that over kill and does it hurt the amount of power to the batts cuz the two fuses ( anl style fuse ) cause resistance??
i was gonna take the fuses out and go from the alt staight to the batts.. is that ok?? hoping it would help my batts charge faster..i do have a 250 amp alt..
thanks john

i am akin cuz i see all u guys on this form ..from what i can see dont run fuses..
Quote 0 0
Iggster
I know personally I have my power wire fused up front under the hood (near the battery) and as well in back from back battery to amp.

I run Bass Race more than I do db drag, that is why I fused up.
Quote 0 0
Sid Grice
The amount of resistance created by the fuse(s) should be miminal for daily use/charge time. I do not believe you would see a significant decrease in charge time by removing the fuse(s).

The purpose of the fuse, is to prevent a hazard in the event the wire should short to the vehicle. Normal driving can cause the wire to move unknowingly against parts of the vehicle. Over time, this can wear down the protective coating of the wire, exposing the wire to the atmosphere.

With resistance, come voltage loss. The small amount of voltage loss, due to the fuse(s), are quickly overcome by the safety of preserving the vehicle and its occupants. If you are concerned with voltage loss/charge time during competition, you can temporatily bypass the fuse while the vehicle is not in motion. Note: Inspect the wiring before undertaking this task. Once you have completed the event, return the wiring to its original configuration. Be warned, if there is an electrical breakdown during the event, you risk the vehicle, the equipment, and your sanity. If you can afford to tamper with those things, then I wish you luck.
Quote 0 0
techman66
for db drag and bass race i take my fuses out and bypass them it helps a bit in bass race all i use is one rockford bd4000.1 and teo trf 15's
Quote 0 0
techman66
just at shows and put them back in to and from show
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy