In7egrity
I have a Clifford Intelliguard 800 IQ. After a couple months i finally get my car out of the shop and now the brain won't respond to my remote. I checked to see all the wires were hooked up to the brain and the remote had a working battery. I followed the directions to program the remote off Clifford's website. It says to:

1. Put the key in the ignition, **(momentary) then blank(latched).

2. Hold * for 4 seconds..

3. Hit blank once, return to center.

4. Within the next 5 seconds hit * once

5. After that i should hear 2 chirps indicating ON, or 1 chirp indicating OFF.

6. Then it says to hit button 1 of my master remote. It should chirp once, then i hit button 1 again immediately after that and i should hear 2 chirps to confirm that a master remote has just been added.

Well when i reach step 6, the brain is not responding to my remote!! I've also tried the process twice, with step 5 as the variable. I also did the "Clear All Remotes" command and i tried it again.. still nothing. Can someone please help? I have no keyholes so i can't really lock the car. This means my car is garaged until i fix this problem. Would i have to order a new remote from clifford? TIA

------------------
Quote 0 0
teamROCS010
Have you tried putting a new battery in the remote BEFORE trying to reprogram?

I suggest doing that first. Then if still nothing. Unplug the harness to the brain for a minute or two, plug it back in, then try to reprogram the remote. If you aren't hearing any CHIRPS before actually hitting the remote though, then the alarm itself isn't functioning. I didn't notice if you said you hear the beeping and whatnot as you enter Programming mode, just not the chirps to indicate remote programming. Let me know if you are actually getting into programming mode for sure (chirps and flashes, and LED lights to confirm programming mode).

I'm sure we'll be able to diagnose this better once you supply all the information. Oh, and yes, you MAY have to buy a new remote, but I'd check all the other things first. Also, see if your local dealer will program a remote in to TEST first, and if it works, you know you have either a bad remote, or dead batteries (as I suggested checking first). If the light on the remote still works, it doesn't necessarily mean the battery is full and good enough to make the remote work. hehe

------------------
Kevin Smith
SS 1-2
teamROCS #010 - http://www.teamrocs.com
Quote 0 0
In7egrity
Oh okay sorry. Yes i did hear all the appropriate chirps. Everything went as planned according to the manual online except the part where the brain was supposed to chirp to respond to the remote button. I'll try the new battery aggain thanks. I can get the proper battery from any clifford dealer, right?

------------------
Quote 0 0
teamROCS010
You can get the battery at Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, or your clifford dealer, yes. I'd buy it wherever it's cheapest (usually $.99 at Rat Shack).

------------------
Kevin Smith
SS 1-2
Quote 0 0
In7egrity
Doh!! Just shelled out $3 at the local clifford dealer here! Anyway yeah i got up to step 6, everything went as planned.. heard all the proper chirps and stuff.. the brain still doesn't respond to the remote.. the red light seems to blink a lot faster when i hold the button though heh. And i asked all the other clifford dealers around here for a test remote, and they're all out of clifford products for the time being. I also tried holding down the button for several seconds just in case... it just chirped 3 times to tell me it got out of program mode. Any other ideas?

------------------
Quote 0 0
teamROCS010
You said you eliminated all remotes from programming right?

Did you try the suggestion of disconnecting the alarm, and then reconnecting it and trying again? (it's not likely to work, but once in a great while things reset like that. Cliffords are buggy sometimes. hehe). Hopefully DEI will fix all those bugs soon.

Anyway, try that, and if that doesn't work, I can't think off the top of my head, other than getting ahold of another remote and trying that. I've had ONE clifford do almost the same thing yours is doing, and wouldn't accept ANY attempts I did at making it work, and it had to be pulled and sent back to Clifford for repair/replacement. It was a 700iq by the way.

Aside from trying another remote if the other suggestions don't do the trick, I'd say remove the brain and ship it back. You are using an original clifford remote from the 800iq right? You aren't trying to code in a remote from another brand, make, model, etc.? (I doubt you're doing that, but hey, figured we'd cover all bases. heh).

------------------
Kevin Smith
SS 1-2
Quote 0 0
In7egrity
Yeah i bought the car used and it came with both of those remotes.. my other (carbon fiber cover) remote got damaged and button 1 doesn't work anymore. So i'm just hanging with my ugly wooden one.. it was working for a while.. but then my car was in the shop for a while getting a new front end put on and then when i got it back the remote stopped working.. and yes it's the same make, model, heh. I tried unplugging all the wires from the alarm brain just now.. to no avail.

Well if none of these methods seemed to work then i don't think i really need to waste my money bringing it to a clifford dealer to let him find out the same thing.. right? I just threw $17.50 out the window last weekend only for them to get nowhere like i did.

------------------
Quote 0 0
mettler
Hey I have a clifford 700IQ and I can not find a replacement remote to save my life. Theyve completely sold out and if one of you guys have an old 700IQ system that your not using I would love to pay you for a remote.
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by mettler:
if one of you guys
They are not around anymore..
Thread is 10 yrs old
Quote 0 0
partyd
I found 2 carbon fiber remotes on ebay
they show up not that often but you have to look for it every week good luck
Quote 0 0
mettler
Yea I saw those too. They are just the case not the guts thanks.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy