bigdogluis
Apparently I was told that my pole got off-centered...I don't know much about sub guts and their function or position.Therefore my question is, Is that it for my sub or can it be repaired and how...that is a very powerful magnet..also if necessary I already spoke with DB Drive and they do have available recone kits.
So can someone please help I do like this sub very much and would not like to lose it, also I do compete with 2 of these so it kinda would change my system if I lost one.

Here is a pic of my subs current position

Also can someone please explain what could of caused this?????? Its the first time I have ever seen this.
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Coil let go and got it stuck in gap maybe?
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
Thanks for your response, but we just opened it up and believe it or not the coil is in perfect shape, also no smell or anything...like I said it was first burp of the day..
But we did pull out the "POLE" I guess its called and it let go of the coil, now my question is how do I realign this thing the magnet keeps pulling...LOL, guess you realized I am new at this...hahahaha

So what do you suggest.Here are some more pics of my current situation..

Pulled these out and sub released...

Now sub is back to normal..

But when I try and reinstall this sucker the magnet won't let me...What do I do...
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Oh bro it looks like your gonna have to send it to DB cause I'm not sure you can fix that without being de magnetized then re magged after assembly.
Quote 0 0
tommyk90
You are definitely gonna have to send that in now.

Motor needs to be demagnetized, reassembled, then recharged.
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
Great, thats one of those things you kinda don't want to hear but need to hear...Especially in my situation..being that I am outside of the U.S. and me sending in the sub would represent more of a cost in shipping than actually buying a new one.

But I will try to find out if somewhere here in my country someone can do that process.I appreciate everyones info..
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i own a couple of those sub and ur right they are very strong with a 9" motor. i have recones but they are team recones lil diff.

i bet ur former is messed up on the coil otherwise the pole wouldnt be skuffed. you eather had the pole come loose or ur spiders went bad.

it can go together without a demag. you need to find a machine shop and have him make you a shim out of delrin with teflon. bolt the pole to the bottom plate put the shim around the pole and push it thru.
to do this you will need a recone and have to take the basket off the motor...
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
use 1hr 2ton epoxy to hold the bottom plate inplace..
Quote 0 0
Bassphobia
Time for a new sub
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
^ naw very fixable. i would do fairly cheap if he was close. take me about 30mins to machine the shim and another 30 to get the motor together. so $80 plus a recone well worth it when retail was $1000 on this sub.

take ur parts to a machine shop and have them measure the parts and make you the shim...
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
I was wondering if I could have a little more info on how the repair could be done, you said something about a shim that would have to be made at a machine shop.. please could you elaborate on that. would you happen to have any pics.

I appreciate your help very much, thanks.
Quote 0 0
Bassphobia
Quote:
Originally posted by pimpin at my house:
i would do fairly cheap if he was close. take me about 30mins to machine the shim and another 30 to get the motor together. so $80 plus a recone well worth it when retail was $1000 on this sub.
Damn I wish I lived near you then, I paid 360 to have two Eclipse Titaniums reconed.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
get a pair of calipers. take the basket off. have a piece made so that it will go over the pole and will fit in the top plate.

bolt the pole to the bottom plate and use med loctite.
have the piece made atleast 15" long. slide it over the pole. slide it into the mag slugs and into the top plate. HAVE MANY DIFFERENT SIZED BLOCKS CUT TO STACK BETWEEN THE MAG AND BOTTOM PLATE WHEN DOING THIS! you want to do this because the bottom plate will draw in and smash ur fingers and break/chip the mag stack.
when you get within about 1" from it seating put 1hr epoxy in there and carefully remove the shims. let dry 24hrs and ur set. i would be willing to make you the part you need...

the recone would cost about $125 on this sub. cause of the 9.250 spiders...
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
bassphobia; just pm me next time.

scotchbrite that pole before you install it too..
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy