mark_96_v6
im about to do a fiberglass box in my back seat that will go into my trunk for 4 12" se's.

im thinkin of 12 cubes before sub, and port displacement and around 140" of port tuned to 35Hz's.

what do you guys think?
Quote 0 0
mark_96_v6
i hope that box works then
Quote 0 0
80INCHES
for that much air space...build 4th order bandpass have each sub in 1.25 cubes sealed playing into a common 7cube ported area with 220 sqaure inches of port(20 x 11 or 10 x 22)6inches deep
trust me u will not be dissapointed

u will be able to slap 1400watts per 12 ...trust me i've done it be4 and it wangs seriously
Quote 0 0
Jim.................
For a ported box, I would do 2 cu ft per sub
Quote 0 0
mark_96_v6
if i do 8-9 cubes how much port? im goin to get them re-coned and i just got a e-mail back and i can upgrade them to the se/xxx so im kinda happy
Quote 0 0
kvnatv
you can recone them as xxx?? every time i contacted RE they told me it couldnt be done??? so u can jus slap a xxx cone in there??
Quote 0 0
mark_96_v6
you can only do it to the older se's with the boobs. mines are the first or 2ed se's they made.

if you do have the older one's then you can upgrade. this is the e-mail i got back from the person doin it.

"It looks to me like the older style RE subs that can be modded some as well. For an extra $10 per coil, we can change them to a flatwind and add an extra spider. These mods were the SE/XXX subs you hear about on forums from time to time. About equvalent to an SX at that point."

i don't think you can get them from re anymore if you want to send me a e-mail to splmark@yahoo.com and ill give you the info.
Quote 0 0
kvnatv
ok i c the se's ive got are the new ones thats why they told me thy couldnt be done
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy