Nevadaguy
I have a '95 civic del sol that I'd like to set up for entry level competition. I currently have 2 10" Kicker comp vx (4 ohm dvc) running on an Alpine MRP-M2000 -- I currently have the the voice coils set up in a series and the speakers in parallel for a 4 ohm load on the amplifier, which at best, is pushing 750 watts to each speaker. To power it I am using a Optima 51 and a 170 amp alternator. I am planning on getting another amp and another set of 10" when I can afford it. The box is ported (I am considering going to a fourth order next year..) and tuned to 38hz. I get my best output around 40 hz, but it currently meters at 138.4 db. The problem is, the del sol's cab and trunk are two seperate enclosures. It looks like the "C-pillar" is made of two 1/8" steel plates. I talked with my installer and he said that if I was able to port through the plates that I could easily get in the mid 140 db range.
Rather then porting, I am considering removing a good portion of the divide (except for the braces) between the trunk and the cab. I don't think this will comprimise the structural integrity as I am going to weld some more steel around the braces. Anyhow, I am not sure how this will change the tuning, or if it will cause issues with the vehicle. I'd appreciate any/all advice I could get!
Thanks alot!
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
Also, just for verification, it was metered on a termlab.
Are those decent numbers to begin with? I don't have alot of room to work with because the vehicle is so small.
One last thing, with those specs, if I altered the trunk, would it move me into a higher class??
Thanks!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
why not custom boxes behind the seats. remove the storage compartments? that's what I've always done
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
Mainly because I do alot of driving in the summer with the top off. I like how the del sol has the valet ability with the locking cabinets and trunk. I do have an alarm, but I'd honestly hate to put visible subwoofers inside the drivers compartment in the vehicle. I'd really like to get into the mid 140's with it, and the 138.4 was a 4 second burp -- it averages around 136. Any other ideas?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy