stang em
Ive got alil wild hair up my butt and I wanted to try making a wall in my stang. I tried one at6 Slamology but it feel on its butt. I thought if I made a box to the specs I was given that I could build it to fit and be like a wall. I guess my question is "If u r doing a musical wall what r u posed to tune it to?" U know like alot of people with walls just burp so they tune to res freq of car. But if u r doin bassrace and wanted a musical box what do u base your tuning off of?
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
33 - 35hz is a good start. It's just like a regular ported box just bigger.
Quote 0 0
stang em
Can u go into more detail? How big? My 15s now r in a 7.5 common airspace ported box. So r u saying that I should make it 12 cubes if I fire them forward in a wall?
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
how many subs and what subs and power and how much space do u have to play with
Quote 0 0
stang em
David I still got my mtx 7500 15s and 2700 watts. Here's the dilemma. Im more of a bassracer but Ive always done drag. This yr I got more pts in drag than bassrace. So I'm thinking about going to finals for drag. But if I do that I wanna do something different, something more competitive. I dont think that Ill win but its like an experiment for myself with the equipment that I have. But its just a thought. I made a box for slam that fit in my car like a wall but I didnt have trim pieces.Box was tuned to 45 Hz Like my previous in hatch boxes but it scored 10 dbs less firing forward. I turned it around firing towards taillights and it went up 10db. I dont know if I'll have new subs by finals or not. Just exploring my options
Quote 0 0
stang em
Im behind on the times cause I dont know where to turn for help. So I'll prob end up getting stronger 15s and building a new box and keeping it in the hatch
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
I'd suggest some digital designs or dc audio's. I've heard good things about both of them. 7.5 cubes would probably work for either on 15".
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
build a wall and make sure its sealed at the top, bottom and sides from the back. Build it as big as possible,you can always take away volume but cant get extra later but make sure to leave some room in the way back for some batteries and amps.

or you could just build a good subs up port back box and not worry about the window line
Quote 0 0
stang em
Thanks Rob. Yeah I was thinking about just doing a bigger and better box in the hatch. Just to take my time and do it right and round the edges and port and whatnot. this cold weather isnt the best for glassing a box buy the time could be used to slowly do things to stang to make it competitive again. I think that I have been on the right track just not doing all that I should have done.
Quote 0 0
Durando
you went up by 10dbs because the box and hatch actually acted like a 6th order bandbass..(in a way)
like 18inchjeepin said,, make box as big as possible, sealing it off top sides bottom,, so the frquency would change to just the from cabin and not the whole car! hence whole car tuning = +-50hz, your box tuning 45hz so it will play well! front cabin of you car +-65hz, box tuning 45hz, hence the 10db drop!
Quote 0 0
stang em
yEAH i THINK iMA SAVE THE WALL FOR ANOTHER DAY OR YR. i JUST DONT THINK THAT i HAVE THE FUNDS AND TIME TO DO IT RIGHT AND MAKE IT WORTH IT. IM JUST GONNA DO A REG BOX.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy