Bassphobia Show full post »
deaf tones
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Jones:
The entire time I was reading this post I was humming Too Short's "In the Ghetto".
lmffao!!
Quote 0 0
snoopdan
didnt audiocontrol make some of their equalizers that were dual power supply capable, 12 volts and 110 volts? I tried to find a picture of one but had no luck, I remember looking at one on ebay last week.

I have one question though, why would you want to do this? are you considering a competition grade SQ setup or something? Because thats the only logical way I see of any of the optical connections doing any good, and even then, you still have a ton of induced electrical noise thats not present in your home at all. Ever consider the effects of that? What about the power inverter noisy sqaure wave output? Its exactly why the carputer guys dont go the car inverter route.
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
Quote:
Originally posted by snoopdan:
didnt audiocontrol make some of their equalizers that were dual power supply capable, 12 volts and 110 volts? I tried to find a picture of one but had no luck, I remember looking at one on ebay last week
AC has made house gear wayyyy back! Could it have been a home audio unit with 12v capabilities?
Quote 0 0
Tempe
Quote:
Originally posted by deaf tones:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Death By Bass:
you want to install EVERYTHING home audio in the car?

what about a record player? cant forget that?
even though you're trying to be a smartass -- fyi, phonographs have been made available as factory accessories in cars as early as the late '50's (45 in the '59 impala is one).

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Accessories/HiWay/invent.htm

Quote 0 0
constantbass
All sounds good to me...I'd love to see it (and hear it) done! Just try to block out the negativity and stay off this forum until you're done...haha.
Quote 0 0
Pitbull
Quote:
Originally posted by Bassphobia:
Moreover, some of those THX-ceritified computer speakers like these can be incorporated also, They're all self-contained which is pretty nice.

Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra

Creative Gigaworks 7.1
no comment at all...
Quote 0 0
SSSnake
If all you are looking for is Klipsch ProMedia quality output then go for it. The computer audio setups that I've heard (including the ProMedia) are nowhere near the quality that I am looking for.

The ProMedia stuff is probably one of the better computer audio setups but that is like saying that it is one of the better Yugos. Not a distinction that I would be bragging about.
Quote 0 0
Team Livewire - Eric
The main problem I see is that the inverter needed to run all this would draw so much power you wouldn't believe. You might as well get a rack of batteries to keep it powered up. An inverter is nothing but an amplifier geared up to play 60hz at 110 volts, and its not 100% efficient either.
Quote 0 0
Bassphobia
Ya it's one of those random ideas I get when I don't get enough sleep It would be nice to have something that no one else have in their cars...
Quote 0 0
oldtimer
It's been done. I remember Wayne having a home amp hooked up to an invertor.but good amps are cheap nowdays.
Quote 0 0
Cinco5
Let's not forget about how much noise an inverter would make, especially a cheap one. I've installed home gear in boats and have had to use perfect sine inverters (expensive) and line conditioners (also expensive) to eliminate noise to the point where it isn't annoying in passive listening, I'd hate to even think about how it would sound in such a small room that already has 9 billion other audible obsticles to overcome.

Oh yeah and the audiocontrol units that were dual power source compatiable, the EQ part of it is passive and only the spectrum analyizer required power
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
i hooked up a system in my rv it is a 12 volt system and i had to add in three more batteries and another inverter to charge the batteries... after it was done i thought about home theatre and still wonder why i didnt think of it sooner. yea i guess that is typical of my best thinking hard at work.....
Quote 0 0
vented
Quote:
Originally posted by constantbass:

oh and:
Origonally posted by Death by Bass:
Quote:
quote:

and I believe that you can't use optical cables in an envionment with viabrations and stuff... [Razz]
I thought you'd know better than that...optical is 100 times better than any other wiring no matter what the environment...Bassphopia was right in that it's just pulses of light, nothing affects it except if it's smashed or cut.
PWNT!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy