thumpintruckred
I have an hd tv that does the 1080i, yada yada yada

I have 2 sources I want to hook up to the tv input using the component video cables due to DVD player and VCR not having HDMI.

I have a splitter that let's you choose the output (1,2,3,4) so you can change video source to tv. Can I use regular yellow/red/white cords to carry the red/blue/green signals? What am I losing?

It's for my mom and she's not too fond on dumping MORE money on cables, and they only need to be like 3 feet each max to the splitter. I have the component video cable FROM the splitter to the tv.

Also, she apparently bought a switcher that is for the red/yellow/white. Can I use this to switch between the sources?

BASICALLY: Can I use video / rca cables in place of the component video cables? Also the switcher is "meant" for video / rca.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Short answer, no. Component only carries video signal and not audio.
Quote 0 0
Iggster
Wrong Johnny
Quote 0 0
Iggster
Cable is cable.......doesnt matter, he can use the red/white/yellow as component and he can use red/green/blue for audio.....its just the color of the plastic thats all.......still the same wire
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
i know the cables are the same, i was assuming he was going to run the component cable out of the switcher and into the component input on the tv, in which case he would have no sound...
Quote 0 0
Iggster
AHhh gotchya..... RIght
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy