ilvbass
I have always wanted to do this with 2 x DD9515's

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...re/HornBox.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/HornBox2.jpg

Where should the subs either in position A or B? or to use 4 subs

How do you think it will work as a daily driver?
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
Bass horns would be way to big to fit in a vehicle. I'm fairly certain that most "horn" enclosures are expanding transmission lines but don't quote me on that. I'm sure if a car had the right contour that the right path length for the given wavelength for a horn loaded enclosure could be completed with the shape of the vehicle. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will chime in.
Quote 0 0
Powered By Hate
pics dont work
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
a true horn for bass frequencies will not fit in a vehicle. the end
Quote 0 0
audiobuffru1
a true horn design will fit vehicles/ vans and large suvs . or run single subs ike 10's or 8's
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
yeah, maybe for a small sub in a huge vehicle. i don't see the point of running a single 10" in a box that takes up almost an entire van. when you could get a much better score in a traditional box design
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
4th orser with horn style ports has done well. Like the wicked one
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
I'm not even sure that's a horn. I don't know if it has a certain expansion rate to actually qualify that as a horn.
Quote 0 0
winslow
Amen

Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
a true horn for bass frequencies will not fit in a vehicle. the end
Quote 0 0
winslow
That's the worse thing you could to do to keep a horn small. You WANT a large throat area to keep the horn short. Smaller drivers will make the area progression longer.

But there isn't enough air inside a large SUV to properly load the throat of a horn.

Quote:
Originally posted by audiobuffru1:
a true horn design will fit vehicles/ vans and large suvs . or run single subs ike 10's or 8's
Quote 0 0
winslow
It's not a horn. It is a bandpass with flared ports.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrCrowley:
I'm not even sure that's a horn. I don't know if it has a certain expansion rate to actually qualify that as a horn.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
Quote:
Originally posted by winslow:
It's not a horn. It is a bandpass with flared ports.

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MrCrowley:
4th order bp with a horn style port. but they work in audio setting...i played with the horn idea in my long 89 gmc 1/2 ton cargo. it was like 15' from back door to dash. didnt do anything impressive.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy