stang em
I have a 92 Ford Mustang I've dynamatted the whole hatch the sides and the doors. I've replaced the weatherstripping on the doors and hatch as well. All thats left is the roof and the floor. My question is how do I make the car more rigid? Sometimes I feel like the dynamat absorbs some of the spl and not reflect it. I'd like to do the roof and the floor but wasn't sure which route to take. I'm looking to do ssnw or 1-2. And this is a daily driver as well.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
steel FTW
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
get a bucket of DB Blue
Quote 0 0
Mike Fallon
magic mate 400
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
You can reinforce the chasis by spotwelding the metal plates connections(according to FIA regulations between 2 inch spaces...)
You can ask any race car developer for the procedure...The bad news is that the car should be stripped from all its interior including the damping, and offcourse it should be repainted due to burnt paint.
Quote 0 0
stang em
I'll have to look up magic mate and db blue cause I dont know what they are. Steel would be nice David but I don't know if I wanna go that route. But I could see doing steel floor plates. I could glass my interior panels maybe. It seems like making my car rigid is gonna put me in ss 1-2 or extreme 1-2. Guess it just depends on how far I wanna take it
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
if you go steel your going into extreme your probably not loud enough for steel just make sure all your body braceing is tight if it isnt either spot weld it or try and use some glue
Quote 0 0
JLS
To get my roof reinforced without adding a ton of weight, I use birch plywood and 3M automix (body panel adhesive). I clamp 1/4" sheets to the roof, 1 at a time for 24 hours each. The roof in my HHR is super strong, and I didn't add the weight of steel to the roof...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy