casperskafs Show full post »
98AckCL23
The way I first found out about car audio competitions was when I walked into a shop and saw a flier sitting on their counter. Then I found a couple forums, and finally some fellow competitors and teammates. But we have the same type of thing here in SW Ohio. Normal 1x shows may draw small crowds (10-20 normally) which are mainly the usual competitors from around here. 2x and 3x shows draw much larger crowds (50+ at some shows). Then again, we've have ~50 car 1x shows (had one the same weekend as last year's SBN) where the shops do a very good job promoting the show, and the competitors (and locals) show up.
Quote 0 0
mhart
locals like trophies.
Quote 0 0
mhart
i'm finding it hard to get back into the comp scene, i just don't want to drive over 100 miles, pay 50-75 to enter a show and come home with only some points to a finals that's even father away. I think i feel this way, because i also like drag racing, which is in the same spot every weekend and they do pay cash for winners.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I've been competing for about 12years, and I still like trophies.
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
I've been competing for about 12years, and I still like trophies.
I've been doing it for about 6 years and also like the trophies, but I know several guys that could care less. It's all about the fun and meeting people. I know some guys that take their old trophies and donate them to various local charities to hand out to kids and such.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
I also love trophys

in my area there isnt much for shops at all so when i put on a show its all out of my pocket , I live on vancouver island its about an hr ferry ride from the city of vancouver i go to all the shows in that area which is still about 4 or 5 hrs for me when theres shows further away its about a 7 to 10 hr drive alot of the shows i went to had 10 to 15 competitors one even had 7 which was really sad to see I think alot of the small attendance has to do with ppl thinking you have to have a large stereo in order to win which isnt the case at all 150s can be acheived off 500 to 600 bucks
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I'll be hella happy if I win a trophy next year. Of course it will be my first. I've been into car audio for over 10 years and just found out about comps early this year. Don't remember how I found out. Told my wife ta hell wit it I have a couple subs and an amp I gotta see what its all about. Went with 2 diff subs (alpine type r and JL W3) and felt kinda stupid after seeing all the nice systems. I grew a pair and qualified and after that one time of being on a lab I knew that was the sport for me. Now i'm doing a build and lovin it. Drove over 4 hours to that comp in chicago. I know of one audio shop near me but don't think they do anything but sell. Too bad too bloomington is a big college town. Prolly lots of bass heads
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
there are going to be some comps on the south west side of indy this spring
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Quote:
Originally posted by casperskafs:
I know of one audio shop near me but don't think they do anything but sell. Too bad too bloomington is a big college town. Prolly lots of bass heads
Thats when you go in and ask about it, if they don't do any then ask if they would do one if you could find someone to run it. It never hurts to ask and thats a way to let shops know people are actually interested. You can always make it sound like a lot of people are asking about it online or something, so maybe they will think about doing one.
I could never understand the reason for not doing one, it's a win win for a shop, people driving by see a large group of people in front of a shop and they stop to check it out.....that leads to at least one person buying subs or a radio, there's money being made.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by 18inchjeepin:
there are going to be some comps on the south west side of indy this spring
REALLY. That would be great!!!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by SPL Creator:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by casperskafs:
I know of one audio shop near me but don't think they do anything but sell. Too bad too bloomington is a big college town. Prolly lots of bass heads
Thats when you go in and ask about it, if they don't do any then ask if they would do one if you could find someone to run it. It never hurts to ask and thats a way to let shops know people are actually interested. You can always make it sound like a lot of people are asking about it online or something, so maybe they will think about doing one.
I could never understand the reason for not doing one, it's a win win for a shop, people driving by see a large group of people in front of a shop and they stop to check it out.....that leads to at least one person buying subs or a radio, there's money being made.
I will go in and ask um about it and tell them about the comp world. I think a big reason they don't is cause their near the middle of town. I think once you have a comp in the middle of town you find more people who don't like bass than finding bass heads.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy