Jerhemy1331
Going to be ordering an SAZ 2500D, and an SAX 100.4D. I've got a 200 amp H.O. alt, and the big three done with monster cable 1/0, optima yellow under the hood. I'll have two Kinetik 2400's in the back when I get the amps in.

I just need to know how many runs of 1/0 I need to run from the front battery to the back two. I have heard that per every 100amps of draw you should have one run of 1/0. those amps combined have a fuse rating of 410 amps. (250 amp external fuse for saz 2500, and 40 amp X 4 on the 100.4) I was originally planning on making just one or two runs, but now i am not sure if I should run more or not.

I am not going to be competeing very much, just a daily driver/ground pounder but I want the amps to have all the power they want.

Thanks for any and all input!
Quote 0 0
Venfayon
http://clang4l.net/calculator.html is a decent power calculator
Quote 0 0
Venfayon
Instead of multiple 1/0 wires, you can look for ancor marine grade power wire. I am using three 4/0 power wires. One for each of my three 390 amp alternators. So instead of running 32 1/0 AWG wires, I only need six 4/0 wires (3 for + and 3 for -)
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
Thanks for the link Venfayon, definitely usefull.
Where can I get some 4/0 gauge from? I know welding suppliers usually have it, but I ma having a hard time finding anyone locally to sell it. is there some where online I can order from by the foot??

Thanks for the replies.
Quote 0 0
LEO C.
I know this post is old, but you can try Cableyard.com.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy