-MichaelCRX
need an answer QUICKLY cause i sold my sub to my friend, gotta meetin him on sat 25th.
amp bridged -- parallel dual 2 ohms sub. correct!?!
Quote 0 0
Champagne Audio
Depends on amp and what ohm load it will handle bridged. Need more info plz.
Quote 0 0
-MichaelCRX
its JBL 180.2. it does around 360w at bridged 4 ohms.
Quote 0 0
Death By Bass
you're only reasonably option is probably to run each sub with both coil in series, to make 4 ohms, then run one sub per channel...

edit: yeah, thats your only real option... 90watts per sub... WOOT!!!

you COULD try connecting the subs coils in parallel, to make 1 ohm, then run one sub per channel, but the amp may very likely go into protect mode, or DIE!!!
Quote 0 0
Sid Grice
1. Saturday will be the 27th.
2.Yes, parallel the VC's. This can be done two ways. The simplest way to achieve this would be to run a set of wires from both "+" terminals of the speaker to the "+" terminal of the amplifier, then another set of wires from both of the "-" terminals of the speaker to the "-" terminal of the amplifier.
Quote 0 0
-MichaelCRX
oh, my bad yes i meant 27th. 25th was on thursday as i typed in the first post. lol!
i think i'll go with what sid grice say. thanks
Quote 0 0
Death By Bass
yes, but then you'll be running each channel at 1 ohm, and it might not even run, or the amp might crap itself...
Quote 0 0
Shmaa
For once I'm gonna agree with DBB.... if that amp can only do a 4 ohm bridge, good luck getting it to run 1 ohm stereo.
Quote 0 0
Sid Grice
The amplifier will function under a 1 Ohm load. However, the stability of the product becomes questionable. Since he is wanting to bridge the output, there will be only one channel. Also, He is using only one speaker (which had dual VC's).

I have sent him a PM, and suggested he follow the recommendations from the manufacturer.
Quote 0 0
Death By Bass
I swear he was asking about two dual 2 ohm subs... =\

now it would appear that he's asking about one dual 2 ohm sub, in which case, series the voice coils, and run the sub off the amp bridged...

hmm.. lol
Quote 0 0
-MichaelCRX
DBB, i was talking about ONE sub, not two . yep i'll wire it in series, run the sub off the amp bridged. sid grice said the same thing. perfect. its all clear now . sid grice, sent u a PM.
Quote 0 0
Death By Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by -MichaelCRX:
yep i'll wire it in series, run the sub off the amp bridged. sid grice said the same thing.
Sid said to parallel them... but anyhoo...
Quote 0 0
-MichaelCRX
maybe i mis-read his pm. but i thought he meant series, not parallel? anyway, he is very happy with it.
Quote 0 0
Death By Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by Sid Grice:
1. Saturday will be the 27th.
2.Yes, parallel the VC's. This can be done two ways. The simplest way to achieve this would be to run a set of wires from both "+" terminals of the speaker to the "+" terminal of the amplifier, then another set of wires from both of the "-" terminals of the speaker to the "-" terminal of the amplifier.
Quote 0 0
Sid Grice
Quote:
Originally posted by Sid Grice:
I have sent him a PM, and suggested he follow the recommendations from the manufacturer.
Sometimes, it is difficult to see the forest through all the trees.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy