bdunn23
what ohm load do you go with if you are using a maxxlink to hook up 4 amps that are 1 ohm stable and 2 ohm strapped I didnt know if the maxxlink effected the ohm load you would use.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the maxxlink won't affect the stability of the amps
Quote 0 0
bdunn23
then my next question if you have four amps and they are stable at 2 ohm strapped I have to dvc subs what ohm would the subs need to be
Quote 0 0
Cr@sh
Not sure, but I have 4-15" btl's and they are 1.5ohm a side. I am running them in parralel and strapped. So I have a .35 load to split between the two amps lol!

Ps. I'll be posting a new thread on how not to run 4 amps strapped!
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
when you strap a pair of amps each amp sees half of the impedence.

So if you are running at .35 strapped then each amp is seeing .175
Quote 0 0
Cr@sh
Actually I decided against that, and yes I am aware of that Poof. My DMM was showing 0 ohms? So I re-wired for series instead of parralel and am now showing 2ohm which will put 1ohm to each amp.

I hooked it back up last night and tested with no difference then when I was running one sub to each of the four amps, 154.4
Quote 0 0
francois.dupie
how do u strap 4 amps crash? as far as i know if you strap 2 amps the one amp is negative for the subs and the other one is positive for the subs...?
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
Quote:
Originally posted by francois.dupie:
how do u strap 4 amps crash? as far as i know if you strap 2 amps the one amp is negative for the subs and the other one is positive for the subs...?
but what happens if you try to strap 2 pairs of amps?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy