So_Lo_Saturn

Here's the pictures show far. I built this last night and this morning. The 1st picture just has the outer wall screwed together. The 2nd picture have all the angles and inner walls screwed together. 3rd picture has the box caulked. Letting the caulk dry now. If you notice some of the lines are a little off that's because I measured them wrong and I didn't draw new lines. The box is for my home stereo. I'm going to run 2 JBL LC-S1000W in the box. I'm also going to use Rubber Undercoating to cover the box.
Quote 0 0
shaven99ranger
this looks awefully familiar.....
Quote 0 0
zyx
looks sweet!
Quote 0 0
team basket kase
Here's mine! Love them boxes!
Quote 0 0
Tinted
and here is mine, i actually tried it for spl

it hit same number anywhere from 30hz to 75hz

and here is another one we tried in Street C vehicle

did it ever suck for spl
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Tinted that 2nd design looks interesting. Is that a 8th order box? I can't really tell from the picture. Is that box musical or a one-note box? Was that suppose to be a modded version of the Wicked One box? It looks like starting point of the horn is missing a panel.
Quote 0 0
Tinted
well the box is supposed to tune itself, but what really happens is it hits the same number through out the range of like 30 to 70hz, so i dont know if thats self tuning or one note wonder.

the box is the basic wicked one design with slight changes to the sub chamber.
Quote 0 0
Goliath27
wo wow ow wo wo wo WHAT the hell are they, what do these boxes do for u and why no tops? or not yet?

ALi
Quote 0 0
team basket kase
The tops are off so you can see inside buddy!! If you leave the top off and flip it over onto the carpet in your living room, it provides a 'lively' sound in addition to one's surround sound setup though.
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
The box is a 4th order bandpass box with a flare in the port for added efficiency. Plans for the box. Is isn't a amateur box. I was watching XXX with VinDisel in it last night. My home receiver is only 40X2 watts at 4 ohms. I also have a Audiocontrol 24XS dividing the signal up. I had the volume halfway up on the receiver and I could feel the explosions 10 feet away on the couch . I had 2 10" Lightning Audio P10.4 in it. My wife says the box is too big that I can't keep it in the living room. My living room is kinda small. Back to my little prefab 4th order bandpass box for the 2 10" .
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
That is a very interesting design.

It doesn't seem just a simple 4th order anymore, to me, it looks more like a compression chamber horn box. Interesting.

ShadowStar
Quote 0 0
Boomin Audio Competitions - Andy
Very interesting
Quote 0 0
hondab100s
I am in the process of building a WO box right now...except it's going to be fitted (tightly) with 15s....wish me luck!!!!

my progress can be seen here

http://www.facebook.com/tributary.vikings
Quote 0 0
ludeman
Looks good!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy