alma gates Show full post »
-=ALL4SPL=-
I am not a religious person, but I will pray for you and your family mom, you have always been and inspiration to me and a lot of other car audio fans. We love you and hope for the best for you and your family in this time of need.
Quote 0 0
alma gates
Thank you all for your support. It is greatly appreciated. We started Radiation and Chemo on Monday. She doesn't appear to have any negative after effects yet. She was very tired last night. Carla had what appears to be a zit on her right temple. Those of you who have met Carla know that she is very conscious of her skin. Thank goodness it doesn't bother her right now. The doctor said it was because of the radiation.

The form of cancer is called Glioblastoma multiforme.

She is always stopping up the toilet in the rehab center - no, not what you are thinking..She puts everything in the toilet that looks like it will flush. I think there are a couple of attendants she would like to flush.

I guess in situations like this you have to think positive and have a little fun along the way.

Marc, good luck friend. I can truthfully say I know what you are going through. Good luck to you.

Guys, thank you again. I have never had stress like this before and not sure how to handle it. One day at a time.
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
i wish all the best to your daughter...
Quote 0 0
PHATRAX
Alma,
I am so sorry to hear that this is going on in your life right now. As you know I have been fighting cancer for 10 years"heck you were there for me"
I too had it spark up again last year,just finished Radiation and I too had my skin break out! I am on the backside of some nasty chemo. They gave me a year to live, a year and a week ago. Still here and living each day better than the last.
If there is anything I can do for you don't hesitate to give me a shout! I can be there for you as you were there for me!
your friend,
Sean
Quote 0 0
ssluke
all the best for you and your family
Quote 0 0
audiobuffru1
Sorry to hear Alma, She will be in our prayers .
Quote 0 0
PHATRAX
Alma,
It was great talking to you last week. I know that during the holidays it can be rough going thru your situation. How is Carla responding to the treatments? I have been doing some research and it shows that there may be some clinical trials she may be able to partcipate in. Please take a look at the following link.
http://www.cancercare.org/pdf/booklets/ccc_gliobl.pdf
Quote 0 0
PHATRAX
In addition there is a toll free number that you can contact cancercare at on the PDF. Also do some research on doctors and oncologists in europe that are doing treatments ahead of what is being done here in the US. Unfortunately The FDA here has become another goverment subsidized, bureaucratic slugfest for the drug companies. In other countries promising treatments are being done now. Also if you need a second opinion I can refer you to my oncologist,If you need to come to Florida I have a large home on the Suwannee river that you guys can relax and take in the beautful scenery. The boat will be back in the water in a few weeks and we can take a jaunt down to the gulf of Mexico!
Sean
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy