hzsogood
Well as a few of you may know I hit my 6 th deer with my grand am this January and after all the waiting , saving money, getting a car hauler, etc I was finally ready to get it into town for some bodywork.. So it figures something was bound to happen..Heres how the day started..

Quote 0 0
NotoriouslyLoud
sorry man about you bad luck, hope it gets better for ya
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
how the hell did that tiny car break that? I've hauled much heavier on similar trailers.

it looks like the wood was rotting from oil... must not have been pressure-trated lumber.

Sucks, but it looks like you can fix it... you might be able to jack up the tire, and then stick a metal plate over the hole, and you're good to go.

also... did I understand you right? Its been sitting there since January?
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
put a bottle jack under the tire and lift it as high as you can, then jack up the nose of the trailer.
Quote 0 0
hzsogood
Well, i hit the 6th deer back in January, and then parked it, and works been kind of slow with work etc this year, and ive been pulling myself out of debt all this year to boost my credit score so I can Build my next house.. Anywho, this was a guy who i work withs trailer, and he used it for his mud truck , so like u said it was rotted but i think it was just a dry rott.. I couldnt believe that it went through, it was actually more of a pain getting the tire out of it than anything, just a piss poor day .. and year for the grand am.. But hopefully itll get better and i can get all the body work and paint done this weekend, get a windshield in and get the system back in there
Quote 0 0
hzsogood
Quote:
Originally posted by Broken Silence - Johnny:
put a bottle jack under the tire and lift it as high as you can, then jack up the nose of the trailer.
Its all off this happened this morning , but that almost exactly what i did, i couldnt fit any jack under it do i jucked the whole thing up a inch or so, put 3 2x4's under the tire, let the trailor down so the weight was off the front of the car then picked up the front of the trailer, got in the car and tried to back up, but since i was the only one home and didnt have anyone to hold the front of the trailer it kinda sucked..

Everytime i would back up the front of the trailer would kick to the right , go forward to the left, Just cuz of the tire acting as a pivot point.. Hope that made sense.. Im sure someone could have made $10,000 on AFV if they put that on cam.. It might of been quite humerous to watch but very annoying to deal with
Quote 0 0
mtxbird
damn sorry too see al the bad luck.hope all goes better i just gotta ask one question

how do u hit 6 deer.i can see maybi 1 or 2 in a life time but 6 holy ish.
i usually get hammered at the cabin and fly thru the 2 tracks and dirt roads never hit a deer.i could of a few times if i wanted to but i would rather shoot them instead.
Quote 0 0
Iggys Ghost
Then to top it off, your exhaust pipe falls off.
Quote 0 0
BallzDeep
Move from Minnesota....
Quote 0 0
tprj82
x2
Quote 0 0
hzsogood
Quote:
Originally posted by Iggys Ghost:
Then to top it off, your exhaust pipe falls off.
that was the final nail in the coffin, at that point i was ready to haul it how it was
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
i'm drinking a ****tail myself right now, school is drivin me to drinkin...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy