Moe Sabourin
I've been talking with Wayne and looking at the possibilities of hosting IdBL and Bass Boxing Finals at the dB Drag locations around the country this year.

One of the things that we're concerned with is turnout on such short notice...

So here's what we need to know from you guys; if IASCA held IdBL and Bass Boxing Finals along with dB Drag in Ohio and the west coast location, who would compete and would you compete in both dB Drag and IASCA, or just one or the other?

Please post your comments here and let us know!
Quote 0 0
Moonie
i plan on doing idbl....there are no Db Drag shows around this area....
Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Mike
How would you determan the finals winner? Would you have internet competition like db drag and bass race? Or would it just be the winner at that location?
Personaly I am a big fan of 1 location for finals. Everyone at the same location at the same time. But that's just me
Quote 0 0
db xTc
I do not have enough points for finals, but like the idea of Ohio.

What is the date?
Quote 0 0
Moe Sabourin
I like the idea of one location as well Mike, but it's tough for a lot of people who have to travel 20-30+ hours; I can't blame some of them for not wanting to go.

Multiple locations with qualified judges, tied together through internet and/or some type of video feed, would help bring our competition community much closer together, while helping everyone out to keep expenses down.

dB xTc, if there weren't enough showsnear to you to get the required qualifying points, you can refer back to the sliding scale for competitors in your situation. All you have to accrue is 70% of the available points in your area (within a 250 mile radius) and you qualify.

The date for the show will be March 24th, 2012 if I remember correctly.
Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Mike
I hear ya Moe, its just doesn't have the same feel as "traditional" finals
Quote 0 0
Moe Sabourin
Yeah I know what you're saying Mike, but in today's society, we have to start looking at all options.

IASCA "World" Finals have always been held in the USA, which is great for American, Canadian and Mexican competitors, but what about our members all around the world?

IASCA has 34 affiliate countries now in some pretty strong SPL and SQ countries, like Scandinavia, South Africa and Thailand. It's really not fair to call it a "World" Finals when it's almost financially impossible for competitors in these countries to get to the event.

In IASCA's history, there have been three truly international competitors that I can recall who have competed at Finals; the first was John Robinson from Ireland; in 1995 he had his Land Rover sent to the USA by FedEx from Ireland and flew over to compete, then there was a competitor from Barbados in 2002 and most recently a competitor from Thailand who had his BMW shipped by boat to the US for the 2006 Finals.

We have to find a way to include all IASCA competitors around the world to mkae it a true World Finals.

For the last 4 years, I've been working on an IASCA "World Championship Series" type of event, which would basically be a seriees of events around the world, with the same judges officiating at every event. The series would run through the course of the year and would comprise of 7 or 8 shows around the world. Then, the final event could happen at SBN and the World Championship Series class Champions would be announced.

A concept like that would give all IASCA competitors around the world the opportunity to compete in a true global event being judged by the same judges at every show, without having to invest thousands of dollars to get to one event.

The cost to do that is what's holding it back. By the time you factor in flights, hotel rooms, meals, time off of work and all the other logistical details, IASCA's looking at an investment well in excess of $100,000 to make it happen. So, we're working on a way to be able to budget and support the cost of the event...

In this concept, all competitors around the world would have to first qualify for the World Championship Series by competing for points at their local events and then qualifying for their Regional events. Then, the winners from the Regional events would qualify for the World Championship Series.

It's a massive goal to achieve, but I do believe it can come to reality... just need to focus on the logistics of it and figure out a way to make it beneficial to everyone involved.

Chat soon,

Moe
Quote 0 0
Team concepts Fred
Seeing as we are going to have iasca on a regular basis next year in the Lima Ohio area I would personally live to see a iasca event offered at our finals location.

It would be a great way to introduce people to the format.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
I think maybe it should be a 3x at the ohio location. This will give everyone a chance to try it out. The ones who are invited to db drag finals also get to compete in an isaca 3x event. It will have a way better turn out im sure since we do not have a large isaca following yet.
Quote 0 0
Moe Sabourin
Makes sense John, there are also a lot of Northeastern US and Canadian IdBL and Bass Boxing competitors who have qualified for INAC as well. I'm sure they'd like to see a Finals location closer to home too.

I've started a poll on our FaceBook page to see who would commit to a show there. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/200638733310823/264962730211756/
Quote 0 0
Team concepts Fred
I just sent a request to join the group. I know a lot of people in this region that would live to have iasca in this area and especially the bass boxing format. Finals is the perfect location to introduce it.
Quote 0 0
BLUE M&M
yea im interested in this myself and would love to try it out for the first time at the lima finals location since ill be there anyways....
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Was planning to be at Lima location to hang out with friends, but if IASCA came, I would definitely consider throwing something together to compete. It would be really nice to try bass boxing. Seems like a format that would catch on well up here.
Quote 0 0
AudioXtremes
I will already be in Lima competing in the dbdrag portion and plan on attending the future iasca shows coming to the area so I would love to have iasca at dbdrag finals if it's a open multipoint event.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
im also interested in this , as well as my teamate will leivers , and a good 12 competitors down in cali , as ill be attending the california location , great idea , i posted this on the caco site and moe everyone we met in portland when you came out is interested that was a good 40 cars , this gives them the chance to compete at finals being their was only 1 show in oregon state last year
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy