DanDawg
Hey so im trying to get the most spl out of my idmax and stay nice and deep and also clear as possible(isnt this wut everyone wants!)

anyway i was thinking like a 2.5 tuned to 28hrz,on like a soundstream reference 1000.1..... allot of my friends are just totaly in love with JL or DD , they are good companys i just want to try something different, i been so fascinated with the ID for like 8 years and now i finnally got it ! (v3)

i used to have an alpine type X on a 1000watt alpine amp the sub was alrite, and the amp sucked(overheated easily) both the sub and amp werent efficient at all the sub was almost loud enuff for me could have been deeper and wast all theat clear, overall wasnt impressed..

my friend has a JLw6v2 in a red eye box on a jl500.1 slashv2 and that thing sounds great, however im aiming to be a lil louder and hopefully more clear and deep too!

Hope you guys can help a Noob out ,wut u guys think !!!

[ 04-25-2011, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: DanDawg ]
Quote 0 0
DanDawg

aww come on i wanna get 1 of those Idmax vs w7 vs brahma threads going on.! haha ,weres all the ID people man.. !?
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
A vented box tuned so low will give you will control driver excursion but you will need to EQ out the big ported response bump once you get it in car.

A sealed (little over a cube) will give you a flatter in car response at the cost of efficiency, but idmaxes have gobs of xmax to spare

A 4th order will give you best efficiency and a flat extension, but the port size to avoid whuffle at decent power levels is unlikely to fit in the correct box size, so it will require some creativity.

I'd probably go sealed and put the extra time and cost into a nice amprack, unless your amplifier is really small such that you would need higher efficiency.

ShadowStar
Quote 0 0
DanDawg
cool thanks for the input.

I have it in a sealed bow now, about 1 cube and it does sound great, it is just as loud as my Type X in a 2.25 ported! hahah, but im still looking to go louder..

What is a 4th order?
When you say amp rack im not too sure what you mean ,but i was thinking of a soundstream reference 1000.1 i figured that should be nice..Is the "rack?" for looks or something or does it help to get rid of distortion and heat??
and by tuning out the big ported response bump, would i just tune it with my amp or do i need a EQ??

thanks for tha help tho !
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
Well, if you just want it louder, you can certainly use your ported box idea. You could even try to reuse your Type X box.

An amp rack is a nice looking way to mount and install an amplifier, you could include fans and such if it gets hot, etc.

The response bump would be the "louder" part, so you would eq the system to flat instead of eq'ing out the bump.

Build it and see how it works, you can always add an eq if you want, and if it isn't a competition SQ setup, you probably won't even notice.

ShadowStar
Quote 0 0
DanDawg
k sounds good thanks for da input.. the type x box was just a regular like 100$ box form the stereo shop, and i get a custum 1 made for 100$ so ,i dunno i didnt really like the type x box.. ima jus go 2.5cbs and tune it 2 28 hrz.. Cool !
Quote 0 0
Boomin Audio Competitions - Andy
They can get loud. I used a huge box with a huge port for spl and used a port plug that had a smaller port for music and daily enjoyment. The bigest thing if it doesn't sound good or loud build another box.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy