Seanp2k
Alright...Ikesound.com sent me an e-mail last night after I placed an order saying they want my drivers liscense and credit card front and back with all the numbers but the first 4 on the credit card not visible (electrical taped) and all my drivers liscense numbers taped over. They want me to fax it or e-mail it to a person that can't accept attachments.

Sound like a scam or what...it was on a refurb Viper 2500.1....
Quote 0 0
addiction2bass
not sure my friend had to give her numbers like that when she called and ordered from them....
thats to prevent fraud......

if in doubt tho go to thier web site direct and find thier # and call it and ask.
Quote 0 0
Subbin_N_Cali
I've ordered from them and never had to do that
Quote 0 0
Iggster
I would tell them thanx, but no thanx.
Quote 0 0
93Cutty
I've ordered a few things online from them and never had a problem. You might call your card company to see if there is an alert on your card.. One of mine did that and it got locked for some stupid reason.
Quote 0 0
addiction2bass
my friend ordered 2 alpine type R 15s and a JBL 1200.1
she ended up ordering it twice and having to send her info both times.
maybe it was something with her card as well. but i got no clue id say just call them and ask why if in doubt
Quote 0 0
EastCoast
They have been doing that for quite a while.

I refused to order from them because of it.

They should have it posted clearly that if you order from them you will need to do it. At the time I ordered it was in some place you never check on the site, even after she told me where to find it I had a hard time.
Quote 0 0
stupify
Didn't have to do that when I ordered from them.
Quote 0 0
Spooney
had to do something stupid like that when i ordered once. I still ordered reluctantly and everything turned out okay.As long as you have a decent credit card you should be okay.if any fraud did occur at the most you are responsible legally for 50 dollars i believe but a lot of cards have zero fraud liablility.
Quote 0 0
Seanp2k
I think its retarted, and they answered my e-mail saying in a semi snotty way that I could pay by paypal. Yeah, wire them the money and hope they send my stuff, no thanks. They asked me if "I even read the e-mail". I am replying to them with "yes, and I also saw the part that said you won't complete my order until I fax this stuff, which I am not doing"...

On a refurbished amp too. Who cares if it puts out 500 more watts than the Lanzar, I am not going to notice a difference for daily. Plus with all the stories I have read with inputs on the orion boards blowing...I don't think I really want to take the chance, esp. on an amp that can't drop to 1 ohm. I am going to just go with the lanzar, which is cheaper, new with warranty, from eTronics, who I have ordered over $1000 worth of stuff from over the years, and they don't need me to verify by me faxing all the info required to steal my identy to them.

They could have easily saved the sale by calling me. And I am not calling them.
Quote 0 0
93Cutty
Their loss, not your's obviously.
Quote 0 0
dark_style
i went to fort wayne with my girlfriend once, and i had approx. 8 grand in my account and we went to circuit city and i was going to buy her a couple subs a box and an amp for her birthday, and the dude swiped my card, called a few people, then told me it wouldn't go through... i called the bank, (it was saturday and after hours) so no luck there..) i went to the atm, and it would only let me take out 120 bucks, i was mad... steaming mad... ruined my weekend.. i had the guy calling 5000 people so he could make the sale of his lifetime, upwards of 1200 dollars in car audio, and it wouldn't go...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy