McG
I just ordered 2 10" Pioneer Champion Series - PRO Series subs. I need help with picking out an amp and how to wire the subs. The subs are 800 Watts RMS each 4 Ohm DVC. I know how to wire an amp for power but have never wired DVC subs before.

[ 02-28-2011, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: McG ]
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
get a 1ohm stable mono amplifier. then hook all positives together, then all negatives together.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
get a 1ohm stable mono amplifier. then hook all positives together, then all negatives together.
x's 2
Quote 0 0
McG
Ok I picked out an amp. I chose an amp now can you help me with the box? For these subs Pioneer says they should be between 0.35 and 0.70 Cubic Ft. each but I want to put them in a single sealed box. Should I make the box then between 0.70 and 1.40 Cu. Feet?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
sure. but why would you do a single chamber instead of two sealed chambers?

what amp are you choosing?
Quote 0 0
McG
If I do two sealed chambers how will I wire the two subs up? it's going to be wired down to 1 Ohm. The guy at Sonic Electronix recommended the Hifonics BRZ 1700.1D 1700 RMS @ 1 Ohm since my subs would be 1600 RMS total
Quote 0 0
McG
would I just have to add 2 terminal cups to the one chamber 1 for intake and 1 going to my amp
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
just drill a hole, run wires straight out of the box, then use some silicone to seal the hole around the wire. then run each sub's wires to the amp directly.
Quote 0 0
McG
I think I understand now I found a diagram that wasn't as confusing as all the other ones. Thanks for your help? As for my setup what do you think?

2001 Ford Focus ZX3
Pioneer DEH-P8300UB Head Unit
Two 10" Pioneer CS-Pro Subs
- 4 Ohm DVC 800 Watts RMS x2 (1600 Total)
Hifonics Brutus BRZ 1700.1D
Four Pioneer TS-D6802R 6x8's
- 60 Watts RMS x2 (120 Total)
Hifonics Zeus ZXi80.4
- 80 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms/Channel (Tuned Down)
Quote 0 0
McG
help! haha wasn't supposed to be a ? mark
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
i'd say your off to a good start!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy