Pit22_DD
I am trying to figure out if this will work. I am going to be running 2 viper 1200.1 strapped. My subs are dual 4 ohms and i will perellel them to run at 1 ohm. With my box rise i am at about 3 ohms. The vipers are 1 ohm stable so straping them they are 2 ohms. Im curious with my impedence rise being about 3 oms will i be ok to run these amps. Will the amps see the 1 ohm or will they see 3 ohms. Impedence rise is kinda new to me so Im trying to get the full power out of my amps. Thanks in advance
Quote 0 0
maxxology
some frequencies they may see close to 1 ohm. and how did you figure out your box rise to be 3 ohm and what freqencey is this at
Quote 0 0
Pit22_DD
well im not sure if its accurate but i tested the speaker outputs with the amp on and it was 3 to 3.5 ohms. with the power to the amp off it was 1 ohm. I had the volume on zero so there was no music affecting it. Just power on and power off. thanks
Quote 0 0
Pit22_DD
I forgot to add the box is 4.5 cubic feet and it is tuned to 40 hz. I just need to know if the impedence rise will affect the output of the amps. I want to get my amps as close to full power as possible. Thanks again
Quote 0 0
maxxology
testing with no power to the sub shouldnt affect the ohm level you where probably just seeing whatever the amp was putting out which was close to nothing. also dont test impedence with a meter with power going to the sub it will mess the meter up. a/b amps are not effected as much by impedence gains as d amps. take a us amps 2000x which does about 3000k at 4 ohm mono. it will do 3000k into a reactive load because the subs even if wired to 4 ohm will dip below 4 at times but even when the impedence is higher its still closer to 4 ohm then to 1 ohm like most class d amps run at.

the best way if your going for spl is to evaluate the box sub and amp. build a box that will allow the sub to get as close to the resistace that the amp will put out the most power at. if its an spl box you would want to try to tune the box to peak at your res frequency too. but if this is for daily driving too then its almost not even worth it to try to figure it out. because if you want the sub to have any sq i doubt you going to be able to make the amp see even close to 1 ohm at all frequencies...
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
Quote:
Originally posted by maxxology:
dont test impedence with a meter with power going to the sub it will mess the meter up
umm how do you think you get max impedence rise?

you measure impedence during a full tilt burp
Quote 0 0
maxxology
oh well i dont think my multimeter will handle all that voltage when its testing impedence.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy