kevox Show full post »
scottiej
It probably wont play 1 ohm without modding it... at 14.4v you should get about 1500W clean @ 2ohms, and about 1800W clean at 1 ohm modded. At 18V modded it is possible to get 2400+ slightly clipped if you plan to comete with it.
Quote 0 0
kevox
Quote:
Originally posted by scottiej:
It probably wont play 1 ohm without modding it... at 14.4v you should get about 1500W clean @ 2ohms, and about 1800W clean at 1 ohm modded. At 18V modded it is possible to get 2400+ slightly clipped if you plan to comete with it.
Oh ok, good to know. And no, he doesn't plan to compete with it, especially at 18v! lol It will be powering one SX12 as a daily driver in 1.7 cu/ft net tuned to 34hz.
Quote 0 0
cncguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Joakwin:
i think the compression circuit is to help back off the signal alittle bit if ur overdriving it, or clipping it
so that it can have a useable signal be4 the signal gets sent over to the power side of the amp

i just know that my mackie 1400i power amp has it built in
Correct. The amps are shipped factory set. Bascially, so you don't hurt your subs during very high power. I don't think you wanna mess with it too much...but I guess its too late to tell you that, since you said you saw some smoke. unless the smoke came from your mouth...
Quote 0 0
kevox
Quote:
Originally posted by cncguy:
Quote:
quote:
i think the compression circuit is to help back off the signal alittle bit if ur overdriving it, or clipping it
so that it can have a useable signal be4 the signal gets sent over to the power side of the amp

Correct. The amps are shipped factory set. Bascially, so you don't hurt your subs during very high power. I don't think you wanna mess with it too much...but I guess its too late to tell you that, since you said you saw some smoke. unless the smoke came from your mouth...
lol actually we adjusted the button AFTER the smoke came out. MTX got back to me and told me exactly what it was and that IN was ON so I think I can figure out how to set it up properly...again
Quote 0 0
cncguy
Quote:
Originally posted by kevox:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cncguy:
Quote:
quote:

lol actually we adjusted the button AFTER the smoke came out. MTX got back to me and told me exactly what it was and that IN was ON so I think I can figure out how to set it up properly...again
Yep. MTX shoulda put the on/off on the amp but I guess their engineering dept. didn't think about that. I should state it in the owners manual. You can always d/l it off their website and print it. Ahhh, the powah of da 'net
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy