pioneerpimp
i am running 4 guage from the battery to the amp and i am powering two diamond D6's..they RMS at 600 watts..the amp i am using is a hifonics brutus 1200 watts amp..is 4 guage enough to power this correctly or close enough to get at least 1000-1100 watts.thank you
Quote 0 0
Lerrin
I am running 4 guage from the battery to the amp too, but i'm running a Hifonics Brutus (1600 RMS at 2 ohms) and its doing fine for me. I have a yellow top battery though.
Quote 0 0
Topper
i run 2-gauge to my Brutus 1600w amp just to avoid any chance of regret or redo of the wiring
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
bigger is better but 4 guage shuold do the trick and the shorter the wire is the better
Quote 0 0
GA Loan
0 gauge is not that expensive. the smaller wire will not allow as much current to pass. low voltage can damage some d class amps when cranking on them hard. i used to be a crossfire dealer, there d1000 you have to run 0 gauge, isolator & ex. batt. or they will blow. your amp will deliver more power with larger wire.
Quote 0 0
z3pr
Honestly, I'd run the 0 gauge to a power block. The a 2 gauge to the amp for you subs.
Quote 0 0
Mr. C
Definitely recommend the 0 gauge over the 4 gauge. It typically takes two runs of 4 gauge to equal a single run of 0 gauge. Plus if you're tapped out of power with the 4 gauge and you want to add a second amp, you'll have to upgrade anyway. Just do it right the first time and be set for future upgrades.
Quote 0 0
zyx
i would say run 0 gauge, this way if/when you uprade your system you wont have to rerun wire or buy new wire, also its just less stress on the amps
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy