2doorcavy
i hear have a Eclipse sw8200. i have fixed the surround on an old sub where it came off of the basket with some e6000.. can i use that on this type of a tear?

Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
sorry .. figured it out now here are pictures

Quote 0 0
ssluke
get a recone if eclipse has there own recones or get one from psi
Quote 0 0
Jwb_Spl
gasket maker usually works on surrounds
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
gasket maker? and eclipse is'nt in business no more lol. so when you say recone. do you mean just the surround? or literally the whole like cone and surround and everything?
Quote 0 0
ssluke
yes call psi
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
You can buy surrounds for subs, I'm sure some e6000 would hold, I use e6000 to bond surround to basket. Hit up corey and see if he has a surround that fit your sub.he has lots of parts instock
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
use a glue like this one:
http://www.agrimarkt.info/shop_detail.html?id=106709193

put it up and down on the broken surround, works perfekt
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i dont have just surronds but plenty of cones..
Quote 0 0
Mr Wiggles
shoe goo and automotive goop all work great
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I accidentally put my screwgun through a surround, right on the inner edge of the basket, between the surround-basket glue joint and where the surround curves upward. It was about a 1.5" tear. I rubbed some Shoe-goo on it, let it sit three days...and haven't had a problem with it ever since. This was on an MTX 6000(rubber surround)
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
awesome. i appreciate all the feed back guys!i think im gonna try out the shoe-goo on it d-bass.. the surround for this sub is a rubber surround as well
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
just be sure to let it sit for a few days untouched.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
sounds good man! thanks again!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy