nickword 1
hello every one i just got a jl audio 18w3 dual 2 ohm subwoofer for 150 works great. i was wondering if anyone have any past experiences with this badboy. i am going to be building a box for it and the recommendations for the box are.

SEALED ENCLOSURE.

Volume External Dimensions
(net int.) (Width x Height x Depth)
(3.00 ft) 24" x 19" x 15.5"
(85 litres) 10mm x 483mm x 394mm
The enclosure recommendations listed above are
external dimensions which assume the use of 3/4"
(19mm) thick material.

hears the link. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/15_18_W3_MAN.pdf

i want to make the box sealed since i will be putting it into a 2007 toyota camry, i dont really need a ported box cause that car is not to big. but would any one recommend anything different like use thicker wood or shooed i go by the specs all help is highly appreciated thanks
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
big cone with lil motor and small coil. if ur after a daily with low power this will work great...
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
also what is the best amp for the jl audio w3 18. i know its 500 watt rms so will the jl audio 500/1 amp work perfect with it. my subwoofer is 2 ohm. i notice on the amp specs it says it can go 1.5-4 ohm

dose that mean the amp can go 2 ohm to my sub thanks for your time and h1ve a great day
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
you think it will blow up a 2007 camry lol
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
i think it will blow up in a 2007 camry
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
haha why do you think that?
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
im just hateful like that, but im harmless lol
welcome to termpro
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the JL 500/1v2 would be just fine on that subwoofer. you would run both 2ohm coils in series to present a 4ohm load to that amp.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy