Bangin' Audio
I already know the answer, a hell of a lot, my question is to what degree.

When dealing with the SPL scene, a box swapped into another car is hardly guranteed to do the same numbers, far from it.

Here is my scenario. Had a 2001 mercury cougar, system slammed. Got a 1998 Explorer, the system is just as loud I think, but it doesn't hit as hard. Does anyone understand what I am saying? Could it be that the explorer would like a new box? I am just looking for some reinforcement here, any idea/thoughts/questions welcome
Quote 0 0
snoopdan
Uh, I can think of a few things off the top of my head. More volume in the SUV, different dampeing characteristics of the interior, and definately different vehicle resonant fequency. So you're not crazy.
Quote 0 0
Bangin' Audio
So it is possible for me to try a new enclosure, more port area, lower tuning, w/e combo it would take -- and acheive the authoritative smack in the back of the head, and loudness?

Like I said it is just as loud I am pretty sure, but it doesnt feel like someone is squeezing your head and body any more.

Less pressurized would be a good way to put it I guess.
Quote 0 0
HORNETS NEST
Welcome to the world of SPL B......I swear I didn't wanna hear when everyone was always like..."TEST, tESt, TEST, and then retest".....but honest to GOD that's the truth...YOu just never quite know...

I can tell you this though....BUY AS MUCH POWER AS YOU CAN AFFORD WHENEVER YOU CAN....
Quote 0 0
maxxology
Quote:
Originally posted by HORNETS NEST:
Welcome to the world of SPL B......I swear I didn't wanna hear when everyone was always like..."TEST, tESt, TEST, and then retest".....but honest to GOD that's the truth...YOu just never quite know...

I can tell you this though....BUY AS MUCH POWER AS YOU CAN AFFORD WHENEVER YOU CAN....
hehe yeah unless you got a good idea to start with and it works out doing really good
Quote 0 0
joshua_in_michigan
heck i gained just by putting a peice of mdf in the port to brace it better in the box i made for a tahoe, that was in the van. lol
Quote 0 0
Seanp2k
The explorer should be able to put down a better number in a street setup than that cougar. Try a CRX box if you have 2 12s. Should be able to get it into the 150s fairly easily.
Quote 0 0
Bangin' Audio
:-p you silly buggers. I know how to get loud on the meter. I want to get ear loud.

I ran some tones and my box is tuned higher than planned. Around 37hz.

Time to build a new box, tune it down to 33hz. Should net me some more "hit in the head" bass instead of the buzz affect this box is giving.

Also going to go with a little more volume, and a ton more port area.

Current box is 5.75 NET @ 37hz w/ 70in^2 port area

Wanting to do 6 NET @ 33hz w/ 100in^2 port area.

See If I can't make this explorer hurt somebody.

Again, this is a daily driven - non competition vehicle. I just noticed a huge difference in the sound of the system when I switched vehicles is all.
Quote 0 0
MR HARD HITTER
i gained 4 db from a rear firing box in a xplorer to a crx style 6 cube subs up ports back did a 51 with 2 95 15s and 2 2000x s , i say the box is the most LEAST efficient part of the whole system, so build, test,build test, my wall only gained a little with the same power
Quote 0 0
HORNETS NEST
Quote:
Originally posted by MR HARD HITTER:
i gained 4 db from a rear firing box in a xplorer to a crx style 6 cube subs up ports back did a 51 with 2 95 15s and 2 2000x s , i say the box is the most LEAST efficient part of the whole system, so build, test,build test, my wall only gained a little with the same power
You got the Crown? What happened to the Colossus amps man?
Quote 0 0
caraudiophile
im tuned 34 and my box will whoop my ass. once you go low you cant go back.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy