flex1016
bought a kicker 2500 it had a problem, it would go in and out of protection , but it only does it when crank it up ...

1 yellow top
o awg wire
stock 80 amp alt

sent them amp to kicker and they said it tested out fine ..i get the amp back and it does the same thing...

subs are 2 18'' re sx with fresh recone

any one ever had problems with the zx2500.1
Quote 0 0
john-hone
what is your imp? what is the imp of the subs? what is your voltage drop? sounds like to low of an imp or voltage issue.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i second everything john wrote
Quote 0 0
john-hone
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
i second everything john wrote
i should have put im gonna smack heathers ass then.
Quote 0 0
flex1016
when i hook the subs up to the mm its sayig 2.1 ohm. i bought another yellow top, now i have 2 ... and it still does the same thing.. i thik its the amp the voltage never drops past 12.8 volts, i swap te amp out and put a friends mmats3500 and it played fine and loud without cuting out...and i just go of the phone with kicker and they told me thats they tested it and it worked fine on 12 12s they say in a in car test. eveythime i send them amps, they never text them at high levels i always have to keep sending them back, like my old sx amps.. took kicker 2 mounths to finaly fix it... this sucks
Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Steve
sounds like its time to get a new amp
cough Crossfire bmf1700 cough
Quote 0 0
kikokiko
how are the gains set?
Quote 0 0
Neill Barber
I had that problem when we tried KX2500's in my Mazda years ago.

Had to get the imp to 3ohms to get it to stop cutting off but then we got so little power it wasnt worth it.

We sell Kicker amplifeirs in our store but we are very careful as to what they are being hooked up to. We dont want our customers having the same issue you are.

For the most part we dont but like I said we're extra careful as to what we hook them to.

My advice put your amp on caraudio.com and sell it to someone who may be more conservative with it. They are great sounding amps but I dont think that it's what your looking for.

NeillBarber
Quote 0 0
flex1016
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Prodigy Steve:
sounds like its time to get a new amp
cough Crossfire bmf1700 cough
lol i dont think so... cought asshole
Quote 0 0
shaker9900
its the gain its too high i had same problem didnt have the right voltageto sutain the gain setting
Quote 0 0
flex1016
i got the amp fixed and its slaming the 2 18'' re sx,

im thinking of walling them
Quote 0 0
davor-ri
what was the problem?
Quote 0 0
flex1016
A small peace of wire was touching in the amp. I sucked it out with my vacum, and now the amp plays. im looking for another zx 2500 one for each speaker .
Quote 0 0
flex1016
A small peace of wire was touching in the amp. I sucked it out with my vacum, and now the amp plays. im looking for another zx 2500 one for each speaker .
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy