bassjunkie
Any1 mess with this amp or similar? I am somewhat interested in it but would like to know what the performance is. What kind of watts at 1 ohm basically am i looking at here?
Quote 0 0
Team Maxxsonics - John
Yes, I know this amp.
They knocked off (stole) our Brutus BXi2010 series amplifiers cosmetically (99%)and then put some crappy electronics in it and tried to use our coat tales to help sales!

They even made a point to put "MAX" in the model number.
They innovate nothing and copy every thing...sad really...

Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Wow it looks the same. But again what should a person expect for watts out of it??
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Any1 with actual watts?
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
John, it is wayyyyyyy different. the sink is simular but has mounting knotches and a lip to mount mean its a different mold used.

the end plates are NOTHING alike, actually look at them. you see they dont have the same screw locations,cut out, foot dim or anything.

im not a fan of eather amp so cant say im bias eather.
sound around products has been known for yrs to make simular looking products. be happy they are tring to copy something that is ontop.
name of the game, kicker came out with squares now dont you make squares too along with mtx,ss and a few others? same thing bro...
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Gotta say every time I see this lanzar amp all I can think about is hifonics. I kinda though they were made by the same company. Sorry just had to give my 2 cents. Good info though
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Still no power specs?
Quote 0 0
Sean Sturts
I gotta agree with John.. Lanzar is pretty good at ripping off designs and though the parts may be a little cheaper.. the cost is a whole lot cheaper.. and depending on the model you can get a pretty solid amp.. Back in the day I think it was their 1500D that ripped off a Zed design and it was solid..
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
yrs ago lanzar was a good name and had zed made amps. now owned by sound around is is crap except a few opti amps...
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
What's the power to expect though from this amp?
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
dont waste ur money look else where
Quote 0 0
Team Maxxsonics - John
Quote:
Originally posted by pimpin at my house:
John, it is wayyyyyyy different. the sink is simular but has mounting knotches and a lip to mount mean its a different mold used.

the end plates are NOTHING alike, actually look at them. you see they dont have the same screw locations,cut out, foot dim or anything.

im not a fan of eather amp so cant say im bias eather.
sound around products has been known for yrs to make simular looking products. be happy they are tring to copy something that is ontop.
name of the game, kicker came out with squares now dont you make squares too along with mtx,ss and a few others? same thing bro...
"Wayyyyy differant"?
It's 99% the same with only minor cosmetic adjustments, including the end panels.

Also, there intent was to copy the product as much as they felt they could get away with which creates confusion in the customers mind and makes my point about principles of which they have none.

Kicker did not invent the square sub...it's been around for 5-6 years before they did it.
We had a square in 1999.

The thing that make Kicker unique is their cosmetics and they patented the ribs at the corners on the surround.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
The kicker squares came out in 2000. then companies started making pentagons that were small and stupid triangle subs. Square was a good idea, wherever it originally came from. The most cone area for the average rectangular baffle.

I would never buy anything that says Lanzar on it. I have and will continue to purchase Maxxsonics equipment. hint hint John. I've got a cadillac again.
Quote 0 0
reimers
i know sony had square woofers in some home speakers in the 80`s
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy