Rodney Busch
ok i have a single memphis m3 12 inch. i have a ported box. its about 3.36 cubes. port is 3 inch wide 17.5 inch high and 5.5 inchs long. i know thats tuned to like 50hz. what is the best Tuning Frequency for just loud daily listing. music is rap, country and some rock. amp power is the older black american bass 100.1. thanks
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
Rodney Busch wrote:
ok i have a single memphis m3 12 inch. i have a ported box. its about 3.36 cubes. port is 3 inch wide 17.5 inch high and 5.5 inchs long. i know thats tuned to like 50hz. what is the best Tuning Frequency for just loud daily listing. music is rap, country and some rock. amp power is the older black american bass 100.1. thanks

I would tune the enclosure at 42 hz..... you may want to shrink the port alittle too so it will play a wider range with less drop off.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
for daily, i'd typically tune around 38Hz on a 12"
Quote 0 0
ellis
i try to tune to around 32-35 hz for daily driving,this keeps the subs tuning below most bass boost freq.they seem to be around 45-50hz.if you tune higher than the bass boost you get phase problems and you stuff sounds like barf.
Quote 0 0
Rodney Busch
i shrunk the port down to 12x2 and extended it a total of 19 inchs. made the port L shaped. tuned around 33-34hz and jams alot better. also remeasured the internal space and its at 2.47 cubes before anything.
Quote 0 0
teambrownnote
W0W! I just posted about needing specs for a Mojo 12".. How is your install coming along?
Quote 0 0
Rodney Busch
sounds good for a single 12 on 900 watts. lol
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
If you want my opinion for the 12" I would do 1.75 cubes with a single 6" aeroport tuned to 35-40hz. Also what kind of car is it?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy