JustinTD Show full post »
D-Bass
i found that the dual2ohm was 1.3dB louder than the Q1 on 1kW
Quote 0 0
JustinTD
Check your PM, what kinda ideas do you have?
Quote 0 0
JustinTD
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
i found that the dual2ohm was 1.3dB louder than the Q1 on 1kW
Really? I am basing my impedance by my experience with my Impala. There i had a D2 and did 147's, when I went to the Q1 and paralleled it all down I did high 149's. I could rewire for 1 ohm and try it out
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i was comparing the dual2 wired to 1ohm on a memphis 1000w...versus a straight drop-in of a Q1 wired to 1ohm on the same amp, box, everything.
box was around 4.2cf net with 65si port, somewhere around 11" deep. output peaked right at 53Hz, but of course that's where my car liked it too.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
i was comparing the dual2 wired to 1ohm on a memphis 1000w...versus a straight drop-in of a Q1 wired to 1ohm on the same amp, box, everything.
box was around 4.2cf net with 65si port, somewhere around 11" deep. output peaked right at 53Hz, but of course that's where my car liked it too.
that is interesting? we are getting ready to do some amp testing our selves!!

we will be testing one amp with three differant subs with different coil options to see how it will effect the output and score should be an interesting test the only down side is they all have differt motors? so not realy a fair test as some subs like a certian size box! we have done other drop in tests where the cone rise went from 0.5 to 1 ohm then we dropped in another set of subs same coil options and the rise changed from 0.5 to 1.5 ohms. still not a fair test either so I guess what I am tring to say is every sub likes a little differant box and it is just a matter of testing to find what will work best for wich sub and power?
with a:
dual 2
dual 1.4
dual 0.7
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy