SPL Creator Show full post »
Nate K.
Steve, did you buy the XS batteries brand new?
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Yup, direct from XS. I have a pair of D3100's and a D5100. Only running a single D3100 right now.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
but isn't a 5100 smaller than an 1800? wouldn't the 1400 be the equivalent
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Smaller case, the XS is listed as 60 ah, and the Kinetik is 81 ah. Kinetik is 1800 watts, and the XS is 3100 amps max. The only ratings they give you to compare is the ah. The Kinetik 1400 has the same Amp hour rating as the XS 5100, unfortunately the 5100 was the biggest XS batt I could fit under the hood.
Such a small difference shouldn't mean that much, I was burping an MA Audio HK4000d at .5 ohms and it never shut off, and that was with a crappy yellow top and a Kinetik 2400. The XS batts are way better than a yellow top and a Kinetik, yet the XS Batts just didn't seem to help at all.
Quote 0 0
odog
wow
Quote 0 0
Mr Singh
XS Power D1400 (14v) batterys are an option. You can run the the vehicles stock electrics safely upto 16.5-16.8v
Quote 0 0
Sparkomatic
If you want to run a daily system I would split the system, 12 volts for your vehicle and front end amps, deck etc. Then a second alt(s) externally regualted to charge your bank. As for the remote I used a relay that the remote triggered the 16volt sig into the amp, (it is same as using 12V relay you just feed 16V into pin 30) You can get a transpo 911 ext adj reg for ~100$ and get some one to convert a A circuit alt to B circuit and feed them off the reg. Very easy to do, GND one brush and the other has a lead coming out of it to be fed from reg.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy