gHOstFaCe
Right now, I am running a pair of RE SE 12's. They sound great and get nice and loud. If I upgrade, I would want to get louder with as little SQ loss as possible, some loss is ok, but not too much and the must play low.
I am considering the Soundsplinter RL-p 12's. They have about 5mm more xmax which is appealing to me, but I don't know if it will have much effect on the SPL. I want to keep the price <$300 per sub, any other suggestions?
Quote 0 0
addiction2bass
i vote SXs

they sound great. i found out the majority of my not so good SQ was my box flexing and its gotten worse. but thats the boxs problem at high volume. at low they sound great still!
Quote 0 0
Seanp2k
SX will handle around 2x the power. RL-p wouldn't be a bad choice either, and would most defanitely sound better. I like their aluminum cones, won't be folding one of those any time soon.

The SXs might not even be louder unless you double the power to them. I also find that the SE will take the lower frequencies better because of only having half the power to it as the SX.

Why not just get one new 18" XXX? Should be less than $600 shipped.

And its more about sensitivity than xmax, even though you need xmax to move air, give me a 93db @ 1w/1m with 12mm xmax sub over a 84db @ 1w/1m sub ANY day, because the 93db one will take 1/8th of the power to get as loud. Keep this in consideration.
Quote 0 0
gHOstFaCe
Trunk size limitations say I have to use 12's =). I love the way the SE's play on the deep end. My box is tuned to 34hz and it sounds sweet with the SE's, but I have been planning on getting a pair of SX's. Someone on another forum said the the Alpine Type-R's sounded way better than the SX on the lowend and got louder. Better Sound at a much cheaper price is very appealing, but I am not a huge Apline fan.

I am going for SQL with clean lowend extention between 30-45hz. Sq has to be close to the SE's (can be a little lower) but the SPL has to be higher. Would the RL-p's be louder than the SE's at the same wattage?

[ 08-22-2005, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: gHOstFaCe ]
Quote 0 0
gHOstFaCe
How would a pair of Audioque HD12's suite my needs? Are they cheaper than the SX's?

I plan on running 750w-1000w RMS to each sub if that helps at all.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy